Socializing

Huh.. Let's use the term but it's still a bit exagerrated.
I rushed to the pub. Ian was there with two other guys. I joined them by the table and ordered a glass of beer. 'So...' Said one of them'where the hell did you take from, huh?' 'well I don't understand what you mean mate' I lied. I knew it must be something connected to the scene.
'Im the one who checked the evidence prepared by you. I'm Jamie by the way. This stuff looked like a one prepared by a forensic, not an ordinary lab rat'. ' Come on, Jamie, let the guy drink some beer' Ian said but I noticed he's watching me carefully. 'Have one, Lee on the house '. I thanked him and took a sip. The other one, James, didn't say the word.
Later it got a bit better. After 3 beers and usual small talks about the weather we had quite a lot of fun. I wanted to get that much drunk to wash away the child's image from my mind. James previously said something about examining the oldest one -11 yo. I didn't ask -they wouldn't have told me anyway - what had happened there. I saw immediately things normal people wouldn't see at first sight: the toddler was dirty and too skinny even for a child young like that. Skinny from not eating- I knew it well. Often abused- beaten and bruised. Not now- but previously - many times before.
I guessed he's been a victim of a violent parent or someone stronger. 4 brothers from the age of 4 to 11- that means lots of children. Poorly clothed with bad teeth, skinny and bruised. That all screamed: find this guy. He treated them like animals. But those were schoolchildren. Somebody had to see them day by day and not even noticed.
'Hey!! Earth to Lee! Where are you? 'I've heard Ian's voice. 'Sorry been thinking about the boy I examined today. Were they all brothers?' they looked at themselves 'You're not from here aren't you? I guess all I can say is that there were 2 more kids, 1yo twins. Were still looking for them and for the parents '
'So that means a lot of work.'
'yeah. We collected 230 different pieces of evidence. But let's not talk about it. Let's drink'
So we did. I remember them getting me home. I was sitting in my bedroom barely conscious. I fell on my bed and got to sleep at once.