Chapter 33

Zoe's POV

The towel slips out of my fingers as I reach out to grab something to steady myself. Instead, I trip over my own feet and tumble forward, grabbing the worst person to grab in this situation - Martin.

"Holy shit," he croaks.

I stay frozen holding on to his thin t-shirt, hiding my face. I can practically feel the burning shade off red coming off my face in waves. I'm pressed flush against him as the towel drops to a pool around my legs.

My mind starts racing but I can't think straight and every part of me remains paralyzed. What do I do that won't make this any more awkward than it already is?

Martin's hands move to my upper arms and I bury my face deeper, in the crook of his arm and torso, hoping he'll just bend down and pick up the towel.

But obviously, Martin being Martin, he doesn't. Instead, he trails his fingers down my arms, circling his arms around my back. If it's possible, he pulls me closer and I catch a small gasp escape his lips. My cheeks can't redden anymore than they already have until suddenly I feel a familiar hardness against my stomach.

"It certainly took you longer than the rest," Martin says, whispering into my ear.

I make a small whiny sound as if to ask what he means. He apparently seems to understand.

"It usually doesn't take this long for a girl to get naked for me," he replies and even without being able to see his face, I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I roll my eyes and take a deep breath. I have to do this quickly and get off this toilet seat as fast as possible. I count down from three to one and make my move. I bend down suddenly, obviously taking Martin by surprise because he stumbles but grabs the windowsill. Glad of the distraction, I swipe up the towel and wrap it tightly around me, jumping swiftly off the seat. Smiling up victoriously at him, I throw him a casual smirk.

He doesn't reply or move to get off the toilet seat, he simply stands there gazing at me with furrowed eyebrows, as if thinking about something. A smile plays on his lips.

I can feel my cheeks still slightly burning so I secure the towel once more and walk out the bathroom.

If anything that was the most embarrassing moment of my life. Martin just saw me naked. As in nude, as in no one has ever seen me that way except my mom. The thought strikes me head on and true embarrassment sinks in.

As I kneel in front of my suitcase, still packed neatly, I grab a clean pair of underwear and slip them on.

"Not so fast," Martin purrs and when I jerk around to look at him, that same stupid smirk is plastered on his face.

I pull the towel tighter around me.

"What?" I snap, feeling my cheeks flush again at the memory of what just happened.

"Feisty," he winks.

I toss him a suspicious look, even though I'm confused. He's acting strange. Suddenly it dawns on me.

"Look, just because my towel happened to slip off, doesn't mean anything's happening here you idiot. It's not like I slipped it off on purpose," I explain slowly, getting slightly worried about the wanting look in his eyes.

A part of me wants to walk over and figure out what that want is but I stay where I am.

"Come here," he says suddenly, his voice raspier than it was before.

I glare at him questioningly.

"No."

It's now his turn to glare. He takes two long strides until he's standing over me.