5.0 Don't Give Up On Me

"What the hell Murphy?" You angrily question the boy

"What the hell Murphy?" You angrily question the boy. He had just proposed the idea of following Jaha into the dead zone to find the City Of Light.

You're completely opposed to the idea, most of Jaha's ideas have only ended in one way for you-- pain. He decided to float your best friend because she was caught smoking weed with you, Monty, and Jasper. You three were put into the Sky Box but since she was 18 she wasn't as lucky. Then he sent the hundred delinquents to the ground and cursed you to fight for your survival every day. It was his idea to send the entire Ark to the ground and your parents were on the part that blew up in the descent. So, yeah, you weren't Jaha's biggest fan. The only good thing that has come from one of his shit ideas is you and Murphy forming a romantic relationship.

"C'mon Y/N you know no one here will ever treat me with respect, they all despise me. Just because the council pardoned me of my crimes doesn't mean everyone has forgotten them!" He tells you, his voice rising steadily and the anger that he harbors toward everyone is clear in his tone.

"John, I love you and I forgive you, for everything. I know why you want to go, I understand what it's like to have no one, to think everybody hates you. But you have me, and I have you." You walk to where he stands by the door and grab his hands, interlocking your fingers. Pulling him over to the bed you sit him down and hug him to your body as you stay standing.

"Jaha's plan is crazy. He has nothing to go off of except the claims of people that live in the dead zone and have been wandering it for years, years John. They haven't found it yet, so what makes you think a rag tag team of misfits is going to accomplish their goal?" Your voice is soft as you explain your reasoning to him, holding his head to your chest.

"I just want to go to a place where no one will judge me for my past, where no one knows my past. I love you too Y/N so much but I need this, I need to start over," he whispers into your embrace. He tugs you down so you're lying on your side. He moves so his front is pressed into your back, his arms wrapped around your waist. You're as close as possible. You relish this moment. You feel safe.

"Please, don't give up on me. We can make it work here. I can't let one of Jaha's crazy ideas ruin my life again, he can't take away my happiness again. I need you like the flowers need the rain; without you I can't survive," tears escape from your eyes silently running down your cheeks.

"I need you too Y/N. You're the only person that I've ever loved. That's why I want you to come with me. We can make a new life, together. Once we get to the city of light we don't have to stay with the group, we can finally be completely together, safe away from prying eyes. No one will look at us and think 'wow she's too good for him' or 'she better be careful around that murderer'. We won't be just surviving, we'll be living." As his speech ends he turns you so that you're facing him.

"So what do you say?" His eyes are calculating, trying to figure out what you're thinking. Trying to know how you're feeling.

"Okay, I'll go with you," with that Murphy molds his mouth to yours initiating a slow intimate kiss.

One of his hands cups your face as the other one runs up and down your side. You tangle your fingers into his hair, tugging lightly. He groans into your mouth. You open your mouth inviting his tongue in, and he takes control shifting the speed of the kiss. He rolls so you're on top of him, straddling his waist. You let your hands trail down his chest, feeling his skin through his shirt. Dragging them lower you reach the hem of it and break the kiss to pull it over his head. Once the shirt is out of the way you take a moment to admire his pale skin, rising up and down trying to steady his breathing. Your hands trace his muscles causing him to shiver.

You lean in close and start to trail kisses down his front and you end each kiss with a word telling him, "I love you John Murphy more than you'll ever know." You lift your head back up to his neck and start to suck on his sweet spot, right where his collarbone meets his shoulder. He lets out a whimper at the sensation. He moves his hands from your waist to the bottom of your shirt and tugs it off of you. Then his hand moves to your back and goes to unclasp your bra, but he's stopped by an abrupt knock at the door.

You sigh looking down at him, "If we don't answer it do you think they'll go away?" He opens his mouth to reply but before he can the person knocks again. Suddenly you can hear Jaha's voice through the door.

"John, we're leaving soon. If you wish to join me in the city of light meet me and the group at the front gate before the sun sets," his incessant voice rings through the room and your teeth grit in annoyance. Even his voice gets on your nerves. Then you feel John's fingers slid in between yours in a comforting manner. You slide off of him and put your shirt back on, and throw him his. Silently you two pack up your things. When you're done you stand in front of the door looking at the small room you two have shared.

"C'mon Y/N, let's go start our new life," and with that you two leave the room, permanently sealing your fate.