4.0 Until Our Last Breath

"Get off of me!" You scream at Bellamy as he grabs your wrist dragging you over to the raging fire

"Get off of me!" You scream at Bellamy as he grabs your wrist dragging you over to the raging fire. Two of his goons come racing over to help him hold you down. Bellamy tries to break your wrist band off, digging a crowbar into your skin. Everyone is just standing and staring as you scream bloody murder, tears streaming down your face. Out of nowhere Bellamy gets shoved away from you. Bellamy starts toward the person that pushed him but gets a fist to the nose before he can duck. Then the unidentified person swipes his legs out from under him, causing Bellamy to fall to the ground and get the wind knocked out of him. Then the two guys holding you let go to run to Bellamy's aid, while you run into your savior's arms.

"Thank you, thank you John," you keep repeating into his shoulder. Murphy was your knight in shining armor, once again saving you from harm.

You and Murphy have been friends for as long as you can remember. Technically it's been since you were thirteen. You'd met one day when you were sneaking through the halls past curfew.

You were tiptoeing down the hallway, it was past curfew and you had to be quiet. Someone grabbed your shoulder and pulled you into a corner, hidden from the passing guard's sight. A hand was placed over your mouth to keep you quiet, and your back was pressed against the stranger's front. Once the guard had walked down the hall and turned the corner you licked the person's hand.

"Ew! What the hells your problem?" You turned around coming face to face with the boy that saved you.

"Next time don't put your hand over my damn mouth," you tell him defensively.

"How about a thank you for saving your ass back there?" The boy takes a step closer to you. You sigh giving in.

"You're right, thank you," you say to him.

"No problem, sweetheart," he smirks while pushing a lock of your hair behind your ear. You stop his hand in its path.

"First off, don't call me sweetheart. Second off, just because you saved my ass doesn't mean that you can touch me."

"Feisty I like it," the smirk stays put on his face. He takes his hand back and goes to leave the corner.

"Wait! Where are you going?" You ask him following him down the hall.

"The same place I was on my way to before that guard interrupted me," he replies not looking back at you. "And last time I checked I didn't invite you to come with me." He stops in his tracks making you smack into his back, and stumble backwards.

"Well, how do you know I wasn't going to the same place as you..." You trail off.

"The names Murphy." You raise an eyebrow at that.

"You expect me to believe your name is Murphy? If you don't want me to know it then you can just say so," you place a hand on your hip.

"My names John Murphy, but everyone calls me Murphy, okay?"

"Now that, I believe," you say to him before starting to walk past him.

"Wait, I told you mine now you get to tell me yours," he grabs your arm swinging you around to look at him.

"It's Y/N, but you can call me your new best friend," you say to him grasping his hand and shaking it.

"Deal," He says with a wink.

Ever since that day you two have been inseparable. It seemed you two had more in common than you thought at first. His dad had died when he was younger, and your mom had passed around the same time. His mother turned into a drunk, while your dad got floated for making and selling moonshine. You had both vowed to stick together no matter what until your last breaths, you'd stand by each other's side through anything. You're brought back to present when you hear Bellamy's voice.

"What the hell, Murphy. Step away from her and let me take her wristband off," Bellamy stood up, and wiped the blood away from his nose.

"No, if she doesn't want to take it off then she doesn't have to," Murphy defends you.

"Why does she even want it on? It's not like anybody up there even cares if she's alive." With that Murphy lunges, going to attack him again, but you hold him back.

"It's okay John, he's not wrong," you whisper into his ear, "besides the only person that really cares about me, is right in front of me. And I care about you just as much, don't do this," he calms down and stops struggling in your arms. Taking a deep breath he places his arm around your shoulders.

"If I ever see you try to harm Y/N again I will slit your throat," he turns you two away from the group and starts waking you into the woods.

"If you disrespect me again, you'll both regret it!" Bellamy yells at your retreating figures.

Murphy was the person you could count on to stay by your side through everything, and you his. But what you didn't know was that would lead your demise.

When you heard Murphy had been banished you found yourself out there with him. You didn't even regret that decision when you guys got kidnapped by the grounders. Then he was there to comfort you as the grounders tortured you, trying to get him to tell them everything about the delinquents. Once he had told them every single thing he knew, it was too late. You'd lost too much blood. You lie on the ground as Murphy kneels beside you.

"Y/N you can't die, please don't die," John whispers to you as he hugs you to his body. You feel tears against your neck as he cries into your shoulder.

"J-John don't worry, I'll always be with you. You have to survive, for both of us, for me," you tell him, your words coming out slow. You were about to die, you both knew it.

"I can't, I can't go on without you. I love you Y/N."

"I love you too John. Please, warn the others about what you told them. They need to know, tell them for me," you say getting weaker, your words start to slur together.

"What about staying together until our last breath?" He says clinging onto your body.

"It's until your last breath now, survive for me," your last words slip out of your mouth. John holds your body to him as he shakes from crying so hard, he doesn't let go of you until the grounders come in to take you away. In the morning he wakes up, and the door to his cell is open. He bolts out of it. He's decided that he's going to survive no matter what gets thrown at him. Not for him, but for you.