04

-unedited-

I got back in the apartment after I closed up the bakery. Both the kids were asleep on the floor while Louis and Caleb weren't in sight. I sighed and went over to my babies; I picked up Atticus and he quickly opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Hi dada."

"Shh Maya's still asleep." I whispered.

"Shhhhhhhhh" he responded making me chuckle; I sat him on the couch then carefully picked up Maya, laying her on the arm chair.

"Where'd uncle Louis go?" I whispered; he just shrugged his arms, "was he here when you guys napped?"

"Yes he was dada." I sat next to him on the couch "How's daddy dada?"

"Daddy's doing great he misses you guys a lot, I can't take you to see him yet but when I can I will." He smiled at my response them crawled on my lap.

"Does that mean we don't have to take a bath till he gets back?" I almost laughed forgetting that this was a two and a half year old who doesn't really understand much.

"You still gotta take baths I'm afraid."

"But how are you gonna bathe us without daddy?" Sometimes I wondered what went through their little minds.

"You'll get extra bubbles and extra toys that's how." I compromised with him.

"Okay that works." I looked over at Maya; who was drooling over a pink pillow, I felt a smile place on my lips.

She started waking up; sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Hi sweetie. Are you both hungry for dinner then?"

"Yes dada." Atticus said getting off my lap; I got up and went to the kitchen, grabbing a box of mac and cheese then throwing it in a pot on the stove. I made sure the pot was out of the kids reach before I pulled out my phone; no text from Louis.

I clicked on his caller ID and clicked on the call button; pulling the phone to my ear. "Harry hey!"

"You left my kids alone you ass. What if they got hurt? I can't loose them; why the hell would you just leave them?" I was trying to keep my voice down so the kids couldn't hear me yelling and get scared or upset.

"Harry I left Jeff to take care of them. I'm talking to a lawyer; for your fiancé."

"Well Jeff isn't here either. I walked into the twins on the floor asleep; no blankets either."

"He should've been. Well they're obviously fine so there's nothing to worry about right?"

"Right whatever." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me. "Just call me next time you're gonna do that. Bye now." I hung up then finished making the mac and cheese, scooping a small serving into two bowls then getting the rest in a larger bowl, I covered it with a lid and placed it in the fridge.

I went to the table as Maya and Atticus followed me; then I gave them their bowls and watched them eat.

"Dada I made something for daddy." Maya said giving me a paper from her dinosaur coloring book; it was obviously not in the lines but it was good for a 2 year old.

"I'll make sure he gets it." They continued to eat then I quickly bathed them and got them in bed; it was harder without Niall.

I finally went to sleep after a bit of tossing and turning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and felt two small bodies next to me; I looked at Atticus and Maya, I forgot there was a storm last night, they must've come slept with me cause of the thunder.

I pulled myself out of bed carefully; tucking them back in. Then I grabbed some clothes and went in the bathroom and changed. I went outside and saw Louis asleep on the fold out bed, I made a mental note to text him; quickly going out of the building and getting in the car.

I went to the prison; it was about 6:30am so I should be able to get breakfast too. Before I went in I made sure I had some skittles and Maya's drawing; before going in and getting a name tag from the new women at the desk who checked my ID and let me through.

I went through the same procedures again; putting my phone and keys in a bucket them going through a metal detector. I was given a cart with trays of food on it; well if you can call it that.

They let me go in; I was surprised they weren't having a guard following me or anything, they should know my intentions.

I gave people their food; not trying to look at them. "Harry?" A familiar voice rang when I slid one tray in.

"Liam?" I unlocked the viewfinder and slid it open to reveal Liam's face. "What are you doing here?"

"Same thing Niall's doing here."

"Oh right, well me and Louis are working on it I promise." I was shocked to see him; but I quickly closed the viewfinder and went to the next cell, which I knew as Niall's.

I unlocked the tray opener and the viewfinder then slid them both open, I put the skittles on top of the "food" with Maya's picture and slid it in. "Thought you might need some sugar, and Maya drew you something. Might help to look at something other then yellow walls and an orange door."

"Trust me it's not orange on my side." Niall chuckled making my heart rate fasten; he took the tray, "Thank you Harry."

"I've never heard you say thank you except like three times so that's new. Jails changing you isn't it Horan?" He laid the tray on the bed then walked back up to the door.

"I guess you can say that. It's gonna be hard going through security check when I'm let into the jail with a dinosaur drawing isn't it?"

"Tell them they imagining it so they think their crazy and then just like run back home because I miss you so badly."

"Well at least you've got the kids."

"Yeah I do, but they also miss you. Why did this happen Niall?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well I've gotta get the rest of this to other inmates I love you Ni."

"I love you too Haz." I shut the view finder and tray door then locked them both; I started giving the rest of the trays to the other inmates.

"Haz?"

I pushed the tray towards the hands, taking a deep breath in. "Fuck you Cordi." I locked the tray door then took the cart back to the cafeteria; washing my hands twice and going back to the front desk.