Chapter|14

Comment and vote!

"I'm cursed. Okay, wait that's too blunt. Let me start over. Viana, Kyle, I'm..well..cursed." Luke seemed to have trouble finding his words. "Yeah, I don't know how else to put it.

Viana leaned closer to Kyle, "you get the straight jacket and I'll get the sledgehammer, okay?" She whispered, eyeing Luke carefully.

"No! Guys, this is serious. I've known you both in another time era."

"Right..." Viana and Kyle both squinted at him as they slowly started backing towards the door.

"I need the book! Explaining this to you is so hard, especially dumb-shits like you."

"How flattering." Viana rolled her eyes, her hand on the doorknob.

"Book. Mahogany. Wolf writings." Kyle whispered. "Here." he took the book out from his pants--yes pants-- and threw it towards Luke.

"No way!" He exclaimed, "you found it?"

"Father's office. I told you."

"Oh my goodness." He grabbed at the book and gleefully started flipping pages. There was a moment of silence before Luke spoke again. "But first," he whispered, "we must tell Viana who we are."

"No!" Kyle grabbed the book back in a hurried motion. "Are you mad?"

"Tell me what?" Viana looked at them both in curiosity.

"Tell her!" Luke snarled. "Or else I will."

"Is that a threat?! You insane? A rogue like you ordering me? I risked my life to get that for you" He scoffed. "I'll have your head for it."

Luke raised a brow. "I'm not a rogue. You know nothing of me. Now for the sake of her, show her."

"Why should I?" Kyle growled.

"Oh, you want to play this game? For all the years you've lied to her, you want to keep doing it?"

"What are we talking about?" Viana cut in. "What's going on."

"Show her," he repeated, "or I will."

Kyle took one look at Luke, then at Viana, a troubled expression clouding his face.

"Are you going-" Luke started. "Give me a moment!" Kyle snarled, rubbing his face.

"Is this the thing you wanted to show me?" Viana murmured, her voice quavering. "This is the secret? Because if it is, I really want to know."

"I'm a..." Kyle started.

"You're a...?" Viana questioned right when Luke said, "he's a..."

"A wolf."

"A wolf. A what? You can not be serious!" she barked out a sharp laugh. "Okay no, but really, what's the secret."

"You're going to have to show her," Luke whispered.

"I am not showing her." Kyle hissed back.

"Again what are we talking about?" Viana rubbed her eyes, yawning. "It's late huh?"

"I-ugh. Okay fine. Just stand back." Kyle ordered, his eyes turning glassy. There was a sharp crack as bones were molding and his whole body shivered. In moments, a thick, gray-furred beast lay in a ribbon of torn clothes.

☽☽☽