Chapter|05

The car ride had stopped. For a brief moment, she forgot where she was, then the panic set in. Still groggy, Viana tried to sit upright, leaning against the car door for support. Suddenly, it opened and her face met the floor in a very unpleasant way.

"Oh." the figure-a man said looking down at her as she clutched her nose in agony. She didn't like the way he looked at her, the way his blue eyes seemed to glow just as brightly now as it did last night. Especially, since she had almost convinced herself those eyes would be the last thing she saw before she died.

"That's it just, just 'oh'?" she spat, tears gathering under her eyes. The pain was excruciating. Something wet was leaking through her fingers, but it didn't take a genius to figure out it was blood. A towel was rudely thrown at her, and a tight grip led her out of what she now noticed was a garage. The ground she had so nicely met with a few moments ago was actually polished marble, now decorated with blood stains. Tall windows lined up very neatly in rows, and she saw a thick, green forest on the outside, the sun barely peeking out. She had been in that damn car the entire night. Leading her out of the room, he walked at a brisk pace, dragging her along cruelly. With one hand still occupied with the bloody towel, she was thrown in a room. A very nice room at that.

"This-" she was clearly confused. "I..." she started again, but the door was slammed shut. Shaking, she took a seat on the smoke gray sofa and waited. And waited. But nothing came, and she wasn't entirely sure what she was waiting for. The blood had stopped flowing, but breathing was a little tricky. It was a cheerful room, which didn't quite fit the mood she was in right now, especially when she was still trying to figure out her feelings. Was this what usually happened to people who got kidnapped? Having nothing else to do, she watched quietly at the birds swooping near the windows overhead a bed. Two drawers accompanied either side of it and a white table occupied the opposite wall, finishing off the look.  Again she dozed off, trying to sleep off an upcoming headache.

☽☽☽

She heard screaming. Forcing her eyes opened, a furious voice could be heard down the hall.

"I told you not to hurt her. I come into the room and she looks half dead! And why is there blood?!"

She forced herself up, unsure of the voice. She had once listened to a voice like that every day of her life. Her door, which was widely opened, allowed her to hobble out without opening it. She doubted she would be able to open the door anyway. Her hands were sore and her whole body ached.

She only made it a few feet out into the empty hallway when a girl hustled her back in. She looked young, maybe even the same age as Viana herself. But, she was dressed so strangely, and refused to speak, no matter how many questions Viana threw at her. A door she hadn't noticed before was opened and she trudged into a bathroom, so large, she paused to have a look around. 

 It was gorgeous. 

The walls were marble and granite, polished and shining in the faint sunlight. The floor was a pure, perfect white, and so were the counters, sinks, and bathtub. It seemed even her slightest touch would taint and ruin the room's perfection. Above each sink was a mirror, deep green plants--the only source of color in the room--bordering the interior of the counter.

A look in the mirror caused her to step back. Whatever makeup was on her last night had been destroyed. She looked awful and her hair had seen better days.

"I have been instructed to bathe you." the girl finally spoke, her name tag read Tayla.

"I'm sorry - what? Who did?" she was perplexed, but the girl-Tayla, only looked at her with the same stone faced look.