11: You would've liked it if it had been a kiss.

Start from the beginning

"I think, as a couple, even when we don't make plans, it's assumed that we're having lunch together, right?" comforted Shizuka with a smile as she ruffled his hair.

Crap, what is my hand doing? Since he always acts like an overgrown puppy, I'm beginning to treat him like my pet!

Before Shizuka could retract her hand, Madoka took it into his own and held onto it tightly. "Really? We can have lunch together every single day?"

Shizuka stared at their joined hands for a while then, nodded dumbly.

When he realized that he accomplished his objective, Takagi-sensei wiped his eyes and enthusiastically dashed over in between Madoka and Shizuka and held onto Shizuka's shoulders. With an ecstatic voice he cried, "Thank you so so much, Yoshino-chan! You're like an angel! No, a goddess!"

Then, looking like he had just thought of a great idea, Takagi-sensei quickly added, "Actually, Yoshino-chan, why don't you join us? You were secretary for the council last year so you'd be familiar with the work and you've always been really efficient. Actually, I wanted to recruit you earlier but Semi-kun was especially against giving you extra—"

Madoka smiled fixedly at Takagi-sensei as he forcibly peeled the latter's hands from Shizuka's shoulders. "Is it not enough that you coerce me into routinely doing extra work, Takagi-sensei? Now you're even soliciting Yoshino-san?"

Takagi-sensei staggered. "C-c-coerce? S-s-solicit? I would never!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yoshino-chan, you don't think I'm that kind of person, right?!"

As she wanted no part of their odd confrontation, Shizuka figured that this was her cue to exit the stage. "What are you talking about, sensei? Of course, I don't think that! In any case, since you guys are busy, I'll just head out first. If I don't get to the cafeteria soon all the best side dishes will be gone."

Madoka pursed his lips disapprovingly. "Did you forget your lunch at home again today as well? It's not good to always buy food outside you know."

Right, I told him I forgot my lunch yesterday as a way to justify me running into him...

Shizuka scratched her nose awkwardly. "Thank you for your concern...I'll...try to remember that in the future."

"Make sure to get a nutritious lunch in the cafeteria, okay?"

"Okay."

"Don't pick out the vegetables and only eat the parts you like, alright?"

"Okay."

"Ah, and don't eat too many sweets."

"Okay."

"And make sure to chew all your food properly before you swallow."

"Okay."

"Don't forget to drink a lot of water either."

"Okay."

In light of Madoka's little reminders, Shizuka felt like she was conversing with a mom instead of a boyfriend. "Anything else?"

Madoka reluctantly shook his head. "Not at the moment but if I remember anything else I'll text you."

"Alright. Then, I'll see you class later?"

"Yeah."

Then, before Madoka could say anything else, an anxious Takagi-sensei whisked him away.

The instant they stepped out of the room, the rest of the class who had been listening and watching the entire time, burst out in excited whispering.