She was pleased with my obedience and her smile became a little more genuine, but only a little. She gave my hand a squeeze before letting go and walking towards the door.

"Take as long as you need," she said and shut the door behind her as she left.

I was shaking. I could barely wrap my mind around everything that had just happened. He had taken far too much control and Jackson was...dead. And now Lauren wasn't acting at all like her usual bright, cheery self.

What was really bothering me, though, was how calm she was. It was setting off alarm bells like crazy in my head. It just felt...wrong. I almost would have preferred her to be crying, screaming, terrified... Just something other than the emotionless void she had become.

It didn't sit right with me. Not at all.

"Isn't that sweet?" A cold, mocking voice sounded, causing my head to ache. "Here you are, having committed cold blooded murder, and you're more concerned about Lauren."

  "I'm not the one who killed him," I muttered under my breath, my temper suddenly growing hot. "It was you."

  He scoffed. "Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. It won't change Lauren's current opinion of you."

I was desperate to prove him wrong. So desperate, I don't know if I was even thinking straight. I got to my feet and marched out of the bathroom to find Lauren. She was talking to somebody on her cell phone, so I waited patiently, trying my hardest not to look at the bloody corpse on the floor and bring my near delirious state of confidence crashing to the ground.

  Once she hung up, I approached her. She looked at me with that same, unnerving calmness. She gave me another gentle smile, yet that emotionless wall still guarded her eyes.

  "How are you doing, Edward?" She asked.

  "Lauren, listen, I need to explain myself. I-- I'm not the one that did...this," I said, gesturing vaguely in the direction of Jackson's body. I continued to ramble, my nerves getting the better of me. "It wasn't me, it was this...this twisted version of me that I-I'm not even sure exists, but I mean, he must if he did this--"

  I was so lost in my words, I made the mistake of turning and looking directly at the aftermath of what he had done. My words caught in my throat and all of my previous panic suddenly returned to me in frightening intensity. As I struggled to even breathe right, I heard Lauren's soft voice behind me.

  "Edward, if you don't mind me asking, why do you have vials of sedative in your medicine cabinet?"

  I turned to face her. "What?"

  In the blink of an eye, I felt something sharp poking into my neck. I let out a yelp, yet in the back of my mind, I knew exactly what it was. My thoughts were confirmed when the stabbing pain ceased and I saw Lauren standing there with an empty syringe in her hand.

  "Lauren, what..." I tried to say, but I could already feel my mind growing foggy from the drug.

  "You need to relax," she said in a soft voice. "You're panicking."

  I tried to respond, but my muscles already felt too sluggish to even talk. I felt Lauren take my hand and drag me towards my bed. I practically fell onto my pillows, the drug working ridiculously fast in my system. 

  "Just relax and go to sleep," Lauren said in a soothing voice, but the situation was far from soothing.

  My eyelids grew heavy, but I tried to fight it. "L...Lauren," I managed to say, but was quickly shushed. 

  "Don't worry. I'll take care of everything."

  That was the last thing I heard before everything slipped away into darkness.

--------------------------------------------------
holy cheese it's been a while

i'm so sorry for the long wait my lovelies i just got major writer's block but last night i was hit with a burst of inspiration so here we are

i'm hoping that'll be the last of my writer's block but who knows tbh

anyways i hope this chapter was worth the wait!!

ed's freaking out and then lauren just drugs him lmao

what's the deal with that amirite?

lemme know your thoughts in the comments! you guys always give such great feedback💚