Fear(LoZ.)

Vaati opened his eyes, sat up and yawned, sharp teeth flashing. The key was inside his room and sunlight was streaming through the barred window. And there ​were his robes. Vaati smiled slightly and changed into them, relaxing into the familiar comfort.

He grabbed the key, opened the door and walked out into the corridor, quickening his pace in excitement. Dark would be waiting for him as usual, the pure demon needing less sleep than Vaati. Vaati may have also been harbouring a secret crush on the Alpha.

His face split into a grin when he saw the object of his affections. Dark was watching the other jail mates go by, slumped against the wall, bored look on his face. That changed, however, when he saw Vaati, a rare smile gracing his features.

Vaati froze when he smelt a familiar scent. Demise. He shuddered and pressed himself against the wall, trying to make himself as small as possible. Not that it was hard, as short as he was. He had seen other demons, hell, he'd even been one himself, but there was something just wrong about Demise.

He felt arms wrap around him and he melted into Dark's touch, clutching at the other's tunic. He relaxed more as Dark scented him, embracing the scent. He heard Dark growl at Demise and clutched him harder, wanting him to stay. A few moments passed before Dark nuzzled him and said,     "Come on. Let's get some food."

**********

Dark smiled as he held Vaati in his arms. The wind mage had fallen asleep, relaxed now that they were outside. They were part of the select group allowed outside, other inmates and guards milling around them. He smiled as he thought about the years he had been in here. They were to be let out soon, something Dark would be looking forward to. Then, maybe, just maybe, he would have enough courage to tell Vaati he loved him.

He would gladly wait for that day.