41

Haynes' POV

1 Day before the party

I just sent out Eliza and her gays out to the mall to shop. Truthfully, I really don't like Edgar and Edwin was stopping by today. I have no idea why, but I'm sure it can't be good. I just don't think Eliza wants to be apart of my family drama. Someone knocked on the door and it was Edwin. 

"So, what's the big news?" I asked.

"I lost my house. My ex wife not only got custody of my kid, but also got my house."

"Wait, that case was still going on?"

"It is still going on. I don't know how she's winning." 

"But you're a lawyer."

"Yeah and you're a doctor. Glad we got that all figured out."

I was completely confused, "I'm lost."

Edwin looked at me with tears forming in his eyes, "Haynes. I'm losing everything."

"Can't you go to your ex wife and talk to her?" I suggested.

He shook his head, "We're not allowed to see each other while the case is open."

"She has never met, has no idea who I am. Maybe I could say something?"

He looked at me, not completely disgusted by my suggestion, "that might actually work. Aubrey goes to the elementary school, the public one that we never went to. It was your dream school." 

"Okay, do we know of any kids we could borrow for this?" I asked.

He gave me a confused look.

"I don't want to look like a child predator." I shrugged.

We took a while to actually think about it. 

"Wait! Eliza's friend is a kindergarten teacher there," I looked at my watch, "is she in morning or afternoon class?"

"Afternoon."

"Perfect, let me give Lewis a call." 

I called him and explained the situation. He said we would obviously have to lie about why I would be there. So we came up with an inspiration talk. The principle loved it and I was off. Edwin texted me a picture of his daughter Aubrey and ex wife. His daughter is adorable by the way. I arrived at the school and signed in. I knocked on Lewis' door. 

"Looks like we have a visitor!" He shouted, walking towards the door. 

He let me in. I spotted Aubrey right away. And noticed the principle in the way back. 

"Try not to make it obvious." Lewis whispered to me. 

""Hi, I'm Haynes and I'm so weird." I said. 

A kid raised his hand, "why?"

"Because I am a doctor, who's also an artist and changed his name. My real name use to be Harley. That was too boring for me. I needed something fun and exciting."

"Could you change my name? I don't like the name Alex." The same kid asked.

I looked at the principle, who was waiting to see how I reacted. Oh so this is a test. Cool, thank god I don't get anxiety over that stuff anymore. 

"Sure, tell me a little about yourself." 

"Well, I like cars and ballet." He said the second one quietly. 

The other kids started to snicker, one kid even said "that's gay."

"Ballet? I think that's awesome," I hesitated, giving the principle a look that I was going to address the gay comment. She nodded her head. This could ruin everything that I'm working towards with my brother, "and using the word gay as an insult is offensive. Who said it?"