22

Justine

"It's time for her to get potty trained Justine " my momma said as she held Lorie on her lap bouncing her.

I rolled my eyes a Lil and chuckled and I  scrolled through me and Augs messages until he texted me back.

"I know I'm gone start on that as soon as we get stuff situated we got a lot of other stuff going on" I sighed.

"She too damn smart not to be already im surprised she ain't did it her self" she chuckled while shaking her head.

"Ain't that right my Lil chocolate kisses" she said while kissing her.

Lorie giggled and nodded her head.

"W-right mawmaw!!" She stuttered.

"Mhmm" I mumbled in my own world.

"What's wrong baby you seem stressed August ain't giving you none?" She asked with raised eyebrows.

"Mama!" I gasped with wide eyes. She laughed at my facial expression.

"What child you grown with kids I know--"

"That doesn't mean I wanna talk about it with you mama ....that's weird" I said looking off.

"And no it's not that" I made a face at her.

"Then what is it" i shrugged.

"I feel like our lives revolves around mess I just wanna be happy and not have to look over my shoulders in my own house... I don't feel safe here at all" I sighed.

"Well honestly honey I'm glad you said something about that."

I turned towards her all the way and picked Lorie up off her lap.

"Stop pulling Mawmaw hair and go play"
I said putting her on the floor. She pouted.

"Uh uh don't do that give mommy kisses and go play with your brother and sister I'll take you guys to the park later ok" she looked up causing one of her curls to fall in her face and smiled wide

"K mommmy" she said then puckered her lips for a kiss.

I chuckled and kissed her then watched her run off to the back towards Jace's room.

"Ok so here's the deal, Lance and I were talking last night about your father"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"What father? I don't have one of those " she shook her head ignoring my comments.

"We were talking about how none of us are safe as long as he's walking free or that bitch Shelia " she rolled her eyes.

"Right so what are you guys thinking ...we kill them and make it look like a suicide or an overdose" I smiled.

Her eyes widened and she looked at me shocked.

"Oh no none of that... I was saying we should move. Not just away from our homes but away from the state too somewhere far"

"Together ? " I frowned.

"Lord this child of mine is so slow... where did I go wrong" she shook her head and sighed. I laughed and nudged her.

"Yes together girl, not in the same house just the same state and I mean everybody I already talked to your brother about changing schools and he's ok with it"