Fighting To Be Free.

Start from the beginning

"You're a sadistic bitch." I said, though I was no better than her. I just wondered when Ava had become so.. blood thirsty. She seemed like such a nice girl the first time I saw her. I was even a bit jealous of how beautiful she was, but right now, she looked like a crazed maniac. Nor did she look pretty.

Her whole face was covered with dirt and many cuts, along with her tangled curls that were caked with blood.

How many people had she killed?

I didn't even know Ava would be able to kill anyone. I just figured she'd hide behind Decklin, but here she was, so boldly on top of me claiming she was going to kill me. And that was just lovely, really.

"Says the one who killed her own pack," She spat, "I don't know what Gage sees in you. You're a monster; You don't deserve him one bit."

"Like you can say any better? You're the one on top of me right now looking like a maniac! And are you really still hung up on that? You're more pathetic than I thought."

That earns me a hard slap across the place and her hands that were once on planted on my shoulders, suddenly wrap around my neck. "You stole him from me! You took everything away from me! This is all your fault!"

"Let go of me, you crazy bitch!" I let out an inhuman wail and thrashed around crazily. Her grip tightened on my throat and she pressed her thumb down directly on my windpipe. She didn't add enough pressure to entirely cut off my air, but enough that I coughed and wheezed.

"What'd you say, Ray?" She taunted, titling her head to side, leaning down and putting her ear close to my mouth. "I didn't hear you, can you repeat that?"

She laughed when I only thrashed more and leaned up, looking at me with a smirk on my face.

I took the chance and spit in her face. I noticed my fatal flaw when Ava now entirely wrapped her hands around my neck, squeezing the life out of me. "I don't care about what Decklin says, I'm going to kill you for myself!"

I thrashed around frantically and desperately tried to free my hands. But it was useless. I was trapped, and now Ava was going to kill me.

God, why did Ava have to be one to end my life? Well, it's better than Decklin killing me, right?

No! It wasn't! Because I didn't want anyone to be able to get the pleasure of killing me off!

Black dots spotted my vision and I found myself starting to become numb. My dream was becoming true, I was going to die.

I laid still, my eyes suddenly feeling like weights. But I could still hear Ava's laughs through it all, and I could still surely feel her hands wrapped around my throat. It was so real. All too real.

I begin to fade in out of unconsciousness, and I couldn't even find it in me to scream for help. To scream for Gage and beg him to come help me. I was screwed.

And slowly, my eyes shut and the fight I once had in me, disappeared.

"Send Satan my regards," She hissed straight into my ear. And then, almost suddenly, the weight of her was knocked off of me.

Her hands were gone, and I could breathe. I desperately gasped for air and dug my nails into the sand. I couldn't hear was going on around me. I felt hazy and sluggish. And slow. All my movements felt incredibly slow. It took me minutes to register what had just happened, and why I was face down into the cold sand that felt scratchy against my cheek.

It also took me a while to realize someone was frantically calling my name. But I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes and see.

I couldn't even tell them I was okay with all the coughing I was doing. Had I really dodged death? For the third time in my freaking life?