The Date.

--------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

---------------------

"Shoot for the moon. 
Even if you miss it you will land among the stars."
-  Les Brown

                                                                      The rest of the day was uneventful. I spentthe rest of the evening with Gabby, picking out the 'perfect' for Gage and I's 'date.' Gage came home later that evening and everything was.. okay, we went to bed and that was it.

Right now, I stood before the bathroom mirror, smoothing out my gray v-neck and my dark washed jeans. I adjusted my leather bracelet and sighed. Why does the weekend go by so quickly?

But I guess Monday coming around wasn't that bad. Secretly, - And I will never admit this out loud - I was excited to see what Gage had planned. Even though he said dinner and bowling, I didn't quite think he'd go with that.

"Ray. Come ooooon." I heard Gage whinge from the door way and I looked over my shoulder.

"What did I say about rushing me?"

 "That you'll rip my arm off and beat me with it if I rush you."

"Exactly. So have patience."

"But it's almost to seven!"

I huffed. "Fine! I'm going!" I grabbed my bag from the counter and exited the bathroom, already walking ahead of him. Gage fell into step behind me as we both made our ways down the stairs and into the living room.

Gabby was already there, dressed in a usual skirt and frilly blouse with high heels. She smiled once she saw me and I did my best to muster up a smile for her as well. "Let's go." She motioned me over, but when I didn't go over to her, she frowned.

"I'm riding with Gage," I said slowly. "Is that okay?"

I could feel Gage's gaze burning into the side of my face, I looked over at him and saw he was eyeing me suspiciously. He knew something was up.

"Um, that's.. fine. Okay. See you at school." She waved awkwardly and walked out of the house. She was clearly confused by my actions.

It's not like I was still holding a grudge. I just didn't.. exactly feel comfortable with her yet. For now, I'd ride with Gage.

I made my way out the door without saying another word to Gage and went over to his car, popping the door open and sliding in. Right away, the smell of him surrounded me. It relaxed me incredibly, and I found myself leaning my head back against the sit and closing my eyes, taking in a deep breath.

I didn't have to open my eyes to know Gage was getting in the car at that moment. I could hear him close the door. But then it went silent.

I peaked one eye open at him, to see he was staring at me. I sat up quickly and cleared my throat. "What?"

"Oh, nothing." He said, casually, shrugging his shoulders and sliding the key into the ignition. "I'm just wondering what the hell happened between you and Gabby."

I chewed on my lip, looking to the dash board. "Just.." The words died in my throat. Quicker than I thought they would.

"Just 'girl' stuff?" He mused, a humorous look on his face.

"It's a lot worse than just girl stuff." I mumbled, slumping down in my seat as the car started.

"Wanna talk about it?"