Fighting To Be Free.

Start from the beginning

But I couldn't worry about him right now. Especially not with how many guys were coming after me.

I found myself in hand to hand combat with most of them, and I was even surprised myself when I could hold up a fight and not get killed.

I bet Gage would be proud too, he probably thought he'd have to have my back the whole entire time. Though when I got tackled down by a huge wolf, I had to get help.

Sure, I was strong, but strong enough to fight someone in wolf form. I learned that the hard way with Dustin.

I didn't even get a chance to fight when the huge wolf crashed on top of me, slashing at my face and succeeding to leave a large cut on my arm. And probably various scratches on my face.

Luckily for me, Dustin was close by.

He tackled the rogue right to the ground, bringing his teeth down on their neck. The wolf that had attacked me was dead within minutes, but the damage was still done.

I was in incredible pain, but Dustin managed to get me up with nudging at me constantly, reminding me that if I stayed laying here, I would surely get killed.

Somehow, I found the strength to get up and keep going. To keep fighting.

And slowly but surely, the bodies really start to pile up. Everywhere you look, blood coats the sand. And there's numerous people who have morphed back to their human form, laying there, dead.

When I came across a boy who was no older than fourteen, I suddenly feel sick. How old were all these kids that Decklin was recruiting? And why had they joined, anyway?

Were these kids back home nobodies? Did they have families? Brothers and sisters? I hadn't realized the horror of it all till I looked around at each and every one of them. And I found myself questioning their life.

They surely knew this was a death wish, didn't they?

Or maybe Decklin had threatened them. Forced them to fight for him. I mean, just look at Dustin. Decklin had surely manipulated him. I bet he could do that to anyone.

I wondered when and why Ava had joined. Was it because she also had a grudge against me? For stealing Gage?

Was she that stupid to risk her life for a boy? Then again, everyone here from Gage's pack was fighting for a girl, AKA, me.

I realized that Ava really did hate me when she attacked me in human form, just to be able to talk me. Taunt me.

"It's gonna be so funny to see you when you're dead, Ray." She whispered sarcastically while looming over me.

She managed to pin me down into the ground, and I couldn't move at all, since she had her knees holding down both of my shoulders, with her feet digging into my hands. She put all her weight on me, making sure I wasn't going to be able to squirm away.

"Not likely," I hissed at her, glaring. "It's going to be funnier when I rip you apart and you beg for mercy."

I didn't even care how gruesome I sounded. I hated Ava, I hated her more than I ever knew capable. And honestly, I wouldn't feel guilty one bit if I killed her.

And she probably wouldn't feel guilty if she killed me. I bet she'd enjoy it.

"Shut up," She snarled, painfully gripping my hair tight and slamming it into the ground. But I refused to show pain. "I promised Decklin I'd let him have his turn first, but I just might break that promise." She whispered, her eyes glowing with excitement. Most likely she was imaging just carving my face in with a knife.