Chapter42: Cold Darkness

Start from the beginning

"That's not gonna work," Coulson said.

"Oh, what's she gonna think?"

" Fitz, we're gonna find our way home. Focus on that. We're gonna figure this out."

"Yeah, okay, well, we better do it fast, 'cause whatever water we're treading, we're sinking."

" I bet he hired the Chinatown Crew-" May said.

"The Chinatown Crew," I said.

"To steal the box in the first place," she continued.

"I think they're right about that," Coulson said.

"I can help find them," I said.

"They'll need to know we're alive first," Coulson suggested. "You got any hell-demon tricks up your sleeve?"

"No. He's fighting me right now."

"Then we'll stick together, and we'll find a way to make them hear us- All of us."

"I'll call her now," Mace said, grabbing his phone.

"Mace," Daisy said. "When you talk to her-"

"I know what Agent Fitz means to her."

"Fitz," I said, following him as he followed Mace.

"Were you able to get Simmons on the line?" Mace asked.

"They confiscated her phone. But I do have Senator Nadeer on the line, sir," an agent answered.

"Yo, Fitz, you're a doctor, right?" I asked, wincing in pain.

"Uh, not exactly. Hold on."

"They wouldn't let us talk to her?" Mace asked.

"They're dealing with the Senator that hates Inhumans. How the heck did Simmons get mixed up with all this?" Fitz asked.

"Senator, thank you for taking my call. Yes, we have a crisis brewing, and I know we had an arrangement, but, uh, I need Simmons to return immediately. Ellen, you have generously kept this situation quiet, and I thank you, but we're past that now. I need Simmons back. Lives are on the line. Wait. What do you mean? Where is she? What situation? What have you done? She hung up. Tell me you put a tracker on Simmons or something," Mace said.

"We didn't know we'd need one," the agent said.

"Dang it."

I shivered. "Cold."

"Yeah," Fitz nodded.

"Keep working Nadeer's people," Mace rambled on.

"Yeah, it's cold and heartless. I swear, if I get out of here, I'm gonna knock him stupid."

"No. I cold."

"What?"

"I'm freezing," I answered.

Fitz led me out to where my car was. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I need sunlight warmth, anything. I'm dying here," I said, gripping myself and falling to my knees.

"Okay, okay. - Okay, let's get you warm."

I screamed in pain and Coulson ran to our side. "What happened?"

" I don't know. He just doubled over. There's nothing I can do about it. We're being dragged down," Fitz answered.

"He doesn't want to go. He won't go," I said.

"But I wanted him to leave You know, figure himself out," Gabe said in the background.

"No! He won't go!" I yelled.

"I didn't know that was what he was up against."

"Who won't go?" Coulson asked.

I was lifted off my feet and I saw the skull in front of my face and it leave.

I fell to my knees and gasped for breath. "It's gone."

"What do you mean? Where did it go?" Coulson asked.

"Mack, what are you doing?" Daisy asked as Mack grabbed his gun.

"Sir, you got to stop. Director's orders We're about to take off any minute," another agent said but Mack just smacked him away.

"Hey, what's gotten into you?" Daisy asked him. But he didn't listen and he jumped on his motorcycle and was gone.

"Mack!"

"Did what I think just happened just happen?" Coulson asked.

Mack had become Ghost Rider.