Chapter 2

We race down the road trying get to school in five minutes. Ethan is lucky, he doesn't have to go to school anymore he graduated over two years ago, but still drives me to school. 

We get to school two minutes before the tardy bell rings. I jump out of the car and wave goodbye while running to the school. I almost trip making my heart skip like 6 beats, but I regain my balance.

I jump into the schools doors just as the bell rings. I can feel the sweat running down my back and forehead. My lungs feel like they are on fire. I place my hands on my knees and bend my head over breathing heavily. 

Standing up I look around and everyone is staring straight at me. I start to get nervous. My palms start sweating and my heart rate starts speeding up. I can feel their stares burning into my skull. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I walk away with my head down feeling ashamed, even though I didn't do anything. 

I find my locker and look around to take in my surroundings. I gasp feeling like my air supply is being cut off. My throat starts burning as I try to breathe. I realize that I'm surrounded by the popular girls. I feel my stomach doing somersaults. Most of the popular girls here are mean. I can already feel the stares. I start to get nauseous, my stomach doing more flips.  

Behind me I hear the busy crowd of students dying down as they head to first period. I turn around on my heel and throw my backpack onto my back. My back feels relieved from taking out about half of the stuff in my backpack. I let out a sigh, exhaustion suddenly taking ahold.

I start walking toward first period. I read my schedule realizing I have Mrs. Cortes first. She teaches Science. I love science. 

As I walk down the hall I start think who will be in my first period class. My stomach starting to feel queasy, knowing that there will probably be a lot of popular people. I suddenly feel that feeling you get when someone is staring at you. I look around me and see nothing, so I assume it's just the first day jitters.

I get up to Mrs. Cortes' room, and sit in the back of the room. I always sit in the back, I feel more safe than when I sit in the front. If you sit in the front everyone can stare at the back of your head and say bad things about you without you knowing.

I sit to the very right back corner of the classroom, feeling more lonelier than ever. Last year when I was in school I knew of a lot of people, but they either ignored me because I'm such an outsider, or they just didn't know me. 

Mrs. Cortes walks into the room with a big smile on her face, making me a lot more comfortable.

I look around the room and see that the popular kids sit in the back/middle of the room. They are scooted as far away from me as possible, which I'm happy about. The teacher says, "Welcome. I'll be your science teacher," 

I zone off into space. I start thinking about if I'll make any friends this year. I want a fresh new start. I hated how everybody walked all over me last year, and what's even worse is I let them. I guess I wanted friends so bad that I didn't care how they treated me. They would call me names like fat, ugly, and loner. But if I ever said anything cross to them they would get all mad, and go off making me feel like crap. I can feel the stinging sensation of tears coming on.

I heard Mrs. Cortes yell, "Anna. Anna!!!" 

I jump out of my daze, nearly jumping out of my seat. I look up and see the whole class staring at me. I feel my stomach turning again, because I hate being the center of attention. I see Mrs. Cortes looking at me, she says "Anna say a little something about yourself."

I swallow the lump in my throat and start to say something, but one of the popular girls cuts me off saying, "Hurry up the world doesn't revolve around you." Well it doesn't revolve around you either. Her saying this adds onto my sadness making me feel the stinging sensation of tears coming on again, but blink them back just in time. I then say, "I'm Anna, I'm 17(almost 18), and I love to read."

I hear one of the popular boys cough and say, "Dork." Now the tears just start falling.

Mrs. Cortes looks at him and asks him to stand in the hall so she can talk to him. As they leave the room the other kids start talking to each other. I hide my face in my hands, letting the tears continue to fall. I haven't even been here an hour and I already regret coming. I hear one of the popular girls yell, "Now look at that little geek, she's crying!" 

I hear as the teacher walks back into the room. I grab my stuff off my desk and walk up to her. "Can I be excused to go home? I'm not feeling the greatest." I can still hear the laughs of the kids behind me making my tears fall faster.

She replies, "Yeah, that's fine. Are you okay?"

At least someone cares. I nod my head meaning yes, even though she could probably see the tears running down my face.

I walk out of the room and go to to the office to tell them I'm going home. They allow me to leave. I walk out of the school, and instead of calling Ethan to come get me, I decide to walk home. I live about 20 minutes by walk. That'll give me some time to clear my head.

I start walking home and see the flash backs of what happened. "Dork" "The world doesn't revolve around you." "Now look at that little geek, she's crying!" I start crying again, but this time letting them without hesitation. My heart starts to hurt in the way where you have been hurt a lot. My tears fall onto the sidewalk leaving a trail.

I keep my head down the rest of the way home, feeling so unloved and ashamed.

*****

When I get home I look down at my watch. Those bitches are in second period. I laugh to myself feeling like I'm getting payback.

I grab my key out of my backpack and unlock the door, while heading inside I see that the lights are off in the kitchen.  I text Ethan to tell him he doesn't need to come and get me from school. 

I head inside the dark kitchen having to feel my way around. On my way to my light switch I trip on a chair leg, hitting my head on the counter. I scream in pain, tears automatically starting to fall down my face. I stand up and rub my head hard to try to make the pain go away. I head over to the light switch and turn on the light. 

"Mom!" I yell. There's no reply so I guess she either out shopping or at work. Again. I grab a juice and some day old chicken and head up to my room. 

I get to my room and jump onto my bed, almost flinging my chicken out of my hands. I felt like I was about to have a heart attack. My eyes go big. I can feel my heart beat faster. I didn't want anything to happen to my only source of comfort at the moment.   

After sitting my food on the night stand, I get off the bed realizing I forgot to do some things.

I first take my backpack off my back and throw it on the floor, throwing my phone next to it. I let out a sigh from from relief on that heavy thing coming off, massaging my shoulders trying to make the pain go away. At least the pain is off my head. I then go over to my shelf and grab one of my favorite books, The Fill-In Boyfriend. 

I go back over to my bed and sit down. I let out a sigh knowing that I don't have to get back up. I grab all my blankets off the edge of my bed and throw them on top of me. I groan as the heaviness of the covers plop on my legs. I then grab my my pillows and throw them behind my back for comfort.

The next thing I know is that I start to drift off to sleep, forgetting about the horrible first day of school. All is well on until I hear the front door slam shut downstairs. 

---------------------------------

A/N-

Hey guys. Sorry the last chapter was so short. It was my first chapter and I didn't wanna make it too long. Please don't forget to comment your thoughts, vote, and please share to your friends. I'm also sorry if there are little mistakes, I proof read it, but some things can pass by me.

Love April