Moving in

My grandpa, the reason I'm now living in Paris, is short. He normally walks around with a cane, wearing a red red shirt with white leaves or flowers covering it. He's a normal old man, waiting for his death to come. Nah, he's actually a kwami holder and is probably going to live forever.

Anyway about me, I have a normal family. No siblings, a couple of friends back in Canada. I used to be in figure skating, but now I'm gonna have to find a new hobby, and new friends.

I have short black hair and blue eyes. I'm fairly tall and thin. In my free time I like playing video games, reading or painting.

"Lara, unpack your things I want to get rid of all the boxes," my mom yells from downstairs.

I was currently in my new room in my new house in Paris. It was big. My parents let me take the attic, giving me my space, and there is a lot of space up there. I painted the walls to mimic a sunset, when the sky is a mix of purple, pink and blue.

After unpacking all my clothes, video games and paints I placed all by books against the wall. I stacked them, they almost covered the entire wall. I bring the empty boxes downstairs and go back to my room, going out onto the balcony. I had a beautiful view, and to my luck there was a bakery just down the street.

Maybe I'll go there, it is a nice day outside.

I walk down the busy street to the bakery. It was small but when I walked inside, the aroma was heavenly. I looked around at all he sweets, picking out the ones I wanted.

"Bonjour Madame, est-ce que je peux t'aider?" A man with a moustache and apron asked, coming out from another room.

"Oh, Oui. Je veux-" I point out to the desserts I was craving, he hands them to me and I pay him, a smile on my face. "Merci"

"Attendre un seconde!" a girl says coming from the back room the man was just in.

"Uh, Oui?" She starts to ramble on in French, it was a good thing French was my second language.

"So you're new here? How do you like Paris so far?" (Pretend they're speaking in French)

"Oh I love it, It's so beautiful"

"I'm Marinette," we shake hands.

"I'm Lara. It was nice meeting you but I need to get home and get ready for the first day of school, see you later," I walk home, happy to have met such a friendly person.