➳ 45

captainobrien: about to meet someone i never wanted to see again lol

406k likes | 3451 comments

---

"This is it," Moony breathed as Cara pulled her car to a stop outside a two-story house. It wasn't the mansion she was expecting, nor was it as lavish. It was just a normal house. A family house. It probably had a backyard with a swing set in it.

           She took a deep breath. "Are you ready?" She looked over to Moony, who's eyes snapped to her instantly.

           "Honestly? No." She shrugged, "But we have to do this. We have to get this over with, and then we can just move on with our lives. It doesn't make it any easier though, does it?"

          "It really doesn't."

Silently, the two climbed out of the car and made their way towards the front door. They had a silent argument, using mostly hand gestures and eye movements, over who was going to knock the door— who was going to kickstart this whole day. Ultimately, it was Cara who lost, since she was the oldest and, supposedly, the 'bravest'.

          "It's not too late to turn back, you know," Cara murmured as a shout rang through the house, followed by hurried footsteps.

          "It's way, way too late."

And that was when the door was pulled open to reveal the oldest of their three younger sisters. Natalia Mason looked exactly like she did in the pictures she posted on her Instagram— which disappointed Cara. Because, honestly, she was hoping for someone that looked so completely unlike them that they couldn't have possibly been sisters. But, while she had their Father's eyes, Natalia Mason had the same damn nose that Moony and Cara inherited from the man that abandoned them. A nose that Cara had once dreamed to get rid of, before Oliver died and suddenly the nose was a reminder of him instead of the abandonment.

             "Hi," Natalia breathed, grinning widely at the two. "I thought there was meant to be three of you?"

            "Well, there's just the two of us." Cara replied, her voice monotonous, before Moony could open her mouth to reply.

           "Oh, okay," her smile returned as quickly as it disappeared, "Why don't you two come in? Dad's waiting in the living room— he's been so impatient since Penny said you agreed to come. He can't wait to get to know you."