➳ 8

8 MONTHS LATER

"I can't believe this," Cara laughed to herself, falling backwards onto the sofa where Paisley, Moony, Shelley, and Holland sat. The group were currently hiding away in a hotel room, with baby Aurora sleeping soundly in a travel cot that the hotel provided. They'd only been here for a few hours, but were planning on spending the next two days there as they prepared for the wedding of the century. In just two days, Cara Brooks would be Mrs. Cara O'Brien.

"You have to phone Dylan," Shelley spoke up, holding Cara's phone towards her, "Seriously, Cara, he needs to know!"

"Or," Holland spoke up, pushing Shelley's hand down as she peered at Cara over her wine glass, "You could wait until the wedding to tell him. It could be quite romantic," Cara contemplated both options for a moment, both ideas ringing in her head as she leaned back against the sofa. After just a minute, she shook her head.

"I can't wait that long, Holl." She decided, taking the proffered phone from her cousin.

Cara was quick to dial Dylan's number, standing from her sofa and moving towards her sleeping daughter. She was one, nearly two, years old now, and she made Cara happier than she'd ever been — having the same affect on the ex-model as the baby's Father did. In just two days, she was going to marry the man of her dreams. In just two days, it was going to be a year since Dylan had proposed to her. Her life was finally where she wanted it to be.

"Hey, love," Dylan's voice brought a smile to her lips, and she sat on the edge of a nearby bed, peering still into Aurora's crib.

"Hi, Dylan," She breathed, biting her lip and looking towards her friends.

"What's up? I thought you and the girls would be halfway through that Disney marathon by now—," He paused, "Is everything okay? With you? Aurora? The girls?"

"Everything's fine, Dylan," She heard his sigh on the other line, and another smile tugged at the corners of her lips, "There's— There's actually something I want to tell you. I'd rather do it in person, but— well, I can't wait two days to tell you,"

"What is it?" He asked, curiosity obvious in his tone.

"I'm pregnant," She said, her free hand moving to her stomach, where her second child was slowly growing, "We're having another baby," She heard a clatter, followed by a whoop, and then Tyler's questioning tone as the phone was picked up again.

"Uh, hey. I think you've just killed Dylan," Tyler said. Cara could almost picture him standing in her and Dylan's house, eyebrows drawn together as he watched Dylan dancing around the room. "Should I ask? How's my date, by the way?" Cara's eyes drifted towards Paisley, who, with the others, was watching the ordeal with rapt fascination.

"You should ask the groom," She laughed, "And Paisley's doing good, thank you, Tyler," At that, Paisley's face went red, and Cara almost asked her right then and there why she and Tyler weren't together yet.

"That's good. Oh, Dylan's back. I'll see you in two days, Miss. Brooks,"

"See you, Ty."

---

oops?

i'm not entirely sure if the timing is right, but like i cba to go through unconditionally to find out lmao

i had to do the time skips bc this isn't supposed to be as long as fall for you and unconditionally, so there will be a few, sorry