Chapter 19 : Out of Sight

Start from the beginning

Anna and I went back inside the castle. I can't get myself to stop thinking about what Anna said.

Do I really want Jack to confess?

I sigh at the thought. This isn't really the time for romance since Pitch and Hans are 'on the move'.

"I'm going to take a break. I'll be in my room if you need me." I informed Anna.

"Okay. I'll be with Kristoff. Oh and Elsa. We're gonna walk around the kingdom. Can we?" She asked.

"Sure. Just be careful, okay?"

"Okay!" Anna answered and skipped away.

I head to my room and shut the door behind me. I jumped at my bed and stared at the ceiling.

The quietness of my room made me sleepy.

I'll just have a quick nap.

I closed my eyes and slept.

Jack:

I was back in Arendelle after wandering around a bit, it was around lunch time already. I flew to Elsa's window and found her sleeping.

I gently opened her window and snuck in.

I looked at her, she was peaceful. The silence was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Your Majesty, Lunch is ready." A voice said.

I went for the door and opened it. I saw a woman. She was the maid from before.

"Oh hello, sir." She said.

"Hi. Uhm. Elsa's sleeping. Do I have to wake her up or you wake her up?" I asked her.

"Oh dear. I'll just wake her. We don't want the Queen to starve, do we?" She giggled softly.

"Okay. Come in." I said politely.

I'm getting the hang of this polite thing.

"Queen Elsa? Queen Elsa? Lunch is ready." The maid said in attempts to wake Elsa up but she was sound asleep.

"Excuse me, ma'am. If I may?"

"Of course, Sir."

I formed a snowball in my hand and threw it directly on Elsa's face. I laughed as I heard the occasional thump.

Elsa:

Something hit my face... Someone was laughing... Jack?

I sat upright and opened my eyes.

"Jack it is you!" I exclaimed.

"Check your nose." He said in between his laughter.

"My nose?" I looked down and saw a puff of snow on it. "So, that's what hit me." I smirked at him playfully.

"My apologies, Your Majesty. I didn't know that he would throw a snowball at you." Gerda said nervously.

"Gerda, it's alright." I beamed. "It's his thing."

Gerda is also one of our trusted servants. She remained at the palace to take care of me and Anna when I shut myself out from the outside world.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Lunch time, Milady." Gerda answered. "Lunch is ready at the dinning hall."

"Okay. We'll be there in a few minutes. Thank you, Gerda." I dismissed her.

She curtsied and left.

"How was your trip to the Pole?" I asked Jack who was standing on the edge of the bed, his staff resting on his shoulders.

"Oh, it was okay. We just discussed some matters about Pitch and Hans. Looks like I'm gonna be staying here for a while." He said with a playful grin.

"I see. Do you really think that we can beat them?"

"Yeah. We have all the help we can get. We're obviously powerful than them. Are you scared?" Jack asked, concerned.

"Not scared, nervous." I said to him as I clasped my hands.

"Yeah. I'm a bit nervous too, actually. I don't even know why." Jack made his way beside me and sat down. "But, it's gonna be fine. We can do this together, right?"

"Yeah. Now, let's have lunch?" I invited.

"Sure. I'm starving." He said rubbing his tummy.

I let out a giggle. "Me too."

Anna:

After hours of walking around, my stomach started to growl.

"Hey Kristoff! Let's go to the bakery!" I called to Kristoff as I ran ahead of him.

"Okay, okay. I'm coming." He said, keeping up with my speed.

"Mmm. It smells delicious." I said, looking at the freshly baked pieces of bread displayed in the bakery.

"Want to buy some, my Princess?" Kristoff asked sweetly.

"Yes, please." I giggled.

Kristoff went inside the bakery and bought some bread. I was waiting patiently outside when a black little kitten, that was a few paces in front of me, was meowing non-stop.

"Hey there little kitty, are you okay?" I whispered, approaching the kitten slowly with the intention of helping it, but it ran away towards the alley, just beside the bakery.

The alley was dark and sort of creepy but the poor little kitty... I couldn't just leave it alone.

I looked back at the bakery, Kristoff wasn't out yet. I went for the alley and looked for the kitten.

"Here little kitty. It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you."

The kitty kept on meowing so, it was easier for me to find it behind the wooden crates. I lifted the black little kitty and held it in my arms when suddenly, it disappeared and turned into...

Sand?

"Hello, Anna." A deep voice said.

I turned around and saw Pitch emerging from the shadows.

I gasped as I saw his face clearly.

"Kristooooff!!!"

Cliffhanger! Haha! Sorry. So, what do you think will happen next? Ö what will Pitch do to Anna? Why target her? If he wanted to get back at Jack, why not Elsa? What was Pitch planning to do? Ö we'll be knowing that in the next chap.. Until next time my little snowflakes. Yes, i will try to write/update soon. :3 ❄️ ~karyned23