Chapter 6 - The Azure City

It was dawn and the shadows of a large circular wall and a tower of some sort can be seen in the distance, shrouded away by the mist, between 2 large mountains. Unlike the forest, there was a path leading to this distant city, which was lit up at the side by rainbow coloured orbs, which we were using to transverse in. Magical flowers and plants of all kinds, some of which glowed, flourished in areas where there was no pathway, further adding to the mythical look. It is indeed quite the sight, with the addition of the sky, since the stars remained and were dusted about in the darker parts of the sky, which was now being lit by the rising sun behind the city.

'This is amazing...' I spoke out loud, causing Edwin to turn his head to the side to face me, as he rides with his horse alongside Illian's.

'Breathtaking, isn't it?' He asks, to which I nod.

'Which reminds me, how are we going to get Mia into the city, without a citizen pass?' Illian questions all of us, causing us all to stop at our tracks, including Rendel, as he sits behind me. 'Let me guess, none of you even considered this, did you?' Everyone silently nods, leading to Illian groaning in distress.

'It'll be alright, since our mistress is the apostle of Shura.' Edwin makes a sheepish remark, before sighing. 'So...how are we going to get her into the city?'

'Invisibility magic?' Illian asks, but Edwin and Rendel shook their heads at this.

'Kazer isn't with us for that to work.' Rendel informs him. 'If only I had my apostle crest...' She hisses, causing Illian to jump. Kazer is one of Lady Rendel's familiars and part of the Seven Deadly Sins.

'Unless one of us goes through the gate, find Kazer and bring him out.' Edwin adds.

'That'll be too suspicious for the guards standing guard of the gates.' Illian dismisses the idea.

'Or we can go through the west gate, where we can make Mia a citizen pass.' Rendel suggests, leading Illian and Edwin to gasp.

'Why didn't you say that sooner?! Onwards to the west gate.' Illian instructs us.

'Which is ironic, since we're standing on the path that leads to the west gate.' Edwin awkwardly breaks the news to Illian, causing Rendel and myself to laugh and Illian to blush shades of red, which was blatantly obvious no thanks to his pale skin.

'By the way, what is a "citizen pass"?' I ask Illian, who had his eyes focused on the path towards the city.

'Permission to enter a city as large as Azure.' He answers calmly, without saying anything else. I guess he's still flustered about the whole west gate conversation.

Ever since my last interaction with Shura, there were no more random interactions from the God of Death and Darkness himself. I wonder if he's sleeping... What does he do when he's not talking to me anyways?

I look down at the pendant, curious as to how such an item functions and acts as a transmitter for the god who is supposedly bounded in another place. According to Rendel, Shura is trapped in an alternative dimension he cannot escape from, unlike the other supreme deities of this world. A dimension separate from our own, where supposedly nothing, but a dark and empty space, awaits. In a way, I pity him. Shura has yet to tell Rendel, or me, how he got in such a position, but there's no telling whether what he tells us is true or not. Even Rendel has warned me to not trust him wholeheartedly. Well that's hypocritical coming from her. Like God, like Apostle.