And there stands Nick in the middle of it all, smiling bigger than usual. And that's saying something.

"Amazing isn't it?" He calls from across the large room. His words echo off of the walls.

"I was thinking more along the lines of needs improvement." I shout back. I hear the echo of his laughter bounce back at me.

"Yeah that's what I need to money for, Scared Styles." I walk over to where he is, the effort taking a good minute. The place is huge.

"Don't call me that, and you want to build a club in an old abandoned ballroom?" I stand beside him, and look out of the window. I see 17Black just a few blocks from here, and the coffee shop in the distance. And-

"Hey there's my house!" I put my nose to the cold glass and point to the obvious area of the complex. I see Nick look at where I'm pointing.

"House?"

I shrug. "It's an apartment."

Nick shakes his head. "Not there. No, they are strictly the penthouse type. Apartment doesn't even begin to describe it."

I hear him retreat from the window and I turn around. Nick is motioning with his arms.

"The dj stand will be right over there." He points to the far corner of the room.

"And lights will line this entire wall." His hands indicate the wall closest to me.

"The bar will be mostly in that area, I'll add a small wall to divide the dance floor from the bar." More pointing and indicating.

I try to act interested when I'm absorbed into taking the city below me. It's breathtaking. I can see everything from up here.

"And you're going to do all of the music yourself?" Nick smiles.

"Of course. That's the entire point of the club." He joins me by my side again. I notice that he's an inch or two taller than me, probably more with his hair.

"And I have decided on The Pulse. I like it." I smile also, it's contagious.

"That's a really cool name. Someone incredibly brilliant must have thought of it," I tease. I'm still having trouble picturing this ballroom being a club.

Nick shrugs. "Came up with it myself actually." I hit him on the arm for taking credit for my idea.

"I have a question to ask you," Nick begins. I tense.

"I only really have an interest in being the dj here, and I need a manager. You know like a right hand man." Ugh. I see where this is leading, and I'm a stripper, not a manager.

"Nick I don-"

"You can say no, it's fine I was just thinking that it would be fun, you know to be working together and..." He trails off and I get the sense that he's crossing the friend boundary.

"That was a no. I'm sorry, but I'm happy where I am." I bite my lip nervously. I just want to leave.

Nick frowns. "Okay." I apologize again, but he seems to not hear me as he is already walking to the elevator. I sigh and follow.

"Shit." Nick turns the key in the car and tries cranking it again, only to have the car sputter in response.

"Do you know anything about motors?" He turns to me. That's the first thing he's said to me since I declined his offer to work for him.

I shrug. "Maybe a little."

Nick unbuckles his seatbelt and opens the car door. "That'll have to be good enough."

I step out of the car and walk around to the front of it, placing my fingers under the hood. Nick clicks the button to pop it open, and I heave it over my head. After putting up the support rod I check on the motor.

I don't understand. Everything looks fine. Better than fine, actually. Brand new would be a better description.

"Hey Nick? I don't think anythi-" I gasp as my breath is restrained by a soft cloth. My hands immediately grasp at the hands holding it there, but my strength is rapidly declining as my thoughts mix together. My mind is hazy and I try struggling against the fabric pressed against my mouth. It's pointless, though, for my brain feels like oatmeal and the car motor below me is progressively getting fuzzier and fuzzier.

Louis' POV:

"You need to do it, Louis." Aaron repeats for the thousandth time. I flip him off and stand up for the first time since I've sat down in this damn chair.

I stretch loudly and ignore Aaron as he says it again.

"That bean bag needs fluffing." My ass is numb.

Aaron frowns. "You're avoiding the inevitable."

"You only want me to break up with him so you won't be the only miserable one in this situation. And I plan on calling him." I debate on whether or not to smoke some more.

No. I want to feel the pain when I break up with him.

Aaron tosses me my phone. "So do it."

I lean against the wall and chew on my lip as I go to Harry's contact and hit call.

It rings for a minute or two before going to his voicemail.

"Hi this is Harry, I'm probably busy or ignoring you..."

"He didn't answer." I'm relieved yet worried. What if he is ignoring me?

Aaron sighs. "Try again."

So I do. With the same results.

My mind is racing with the possibilities. He may still be sleeping, or his phone could be dead. I ignore the voice in the back of my head reminding me how Harry barely sleeps and how he seldomly uses his phone.

"Do you think he's okay? What if he found Harry because of me and is-"

I'm grateful when Aaron interrupts my thoughts. They weren't heading anywhere good. "Louis? Shut up. He's fine."

I nod, even though that same voice is telling me that something is wrong.

~~ Author's Note ~~

Harry what have you gotten yourself into? I promise guys your questions will be answered in the near futureeee *inserts signature smiley face* :-)