Chapter 12

Harry's POV:

"Thank you so much for sharing." He lets go of my shirt and wraps his arms around me tightly. It's very constricting but I don't mind. I'll stay here all day.

I hear him sniffling but for the most part he's stopped shaking. My heart goes out for him, and I'm so grateful for his words. 

"It would sound weird to my younger self, but I love sharing that with people now." He sinks even further into my chest. "You're warm."

I lay my chin on his head. He's the perfect height for that.

Louis stretches to lay his hands on my shoulders and he lays his head on my shoulder. I feel fuzzy inside.

"Sexuality is an array of things and emotions and attractions and it's confusing. You don't have to have words or definitions or answers right now."

"You're like a teddy bear," he adds dazedly.

"Oh really? And why is that?" I laugh a little.

He pinches my stomach lightly, taking his head off of my shoulder. Louis keeps his arms around my neck and looks me in the eyes.

Our faces are really close, and his eyes are pushing past my walls and then and there I know that I'm his, and he can either treat me sweetly or crush me with one word.

"You just let me snuggle you for ages and didn't complain. I used you as a tissue and you didn't seem to mind. And you give nice hugs." He giggles, running his hands into my hair.

"A very big teddy bear."

Something happens then, I can't explain it but we look each other in the eyes and something just.... clicks. I feel my heart melting under Louis' stare.

I realize how we must look. Two people intertwined as close as possible, Louis on my toes and his hands in my hair, our faces inches apart and my hands on his back supporting him so he won't fall.

I'm straight, I remind myself.

"Harry....." Louis breathes, almost so silent that at first I'm not sure he even said anything.

Then he pulls our faces together and brushes our lips against on another. Our noses clash but I like it. There's no tongue this time, just me and Louis kissing with our lips.

I can taste the saltiness of his tears on my lips and I feel the area where his lip was bleeding earlier, the delicate skin ripped open and he whimpers a little when I press against the wound.

Rose appears up the stairs at the worst possible moment and clears her throat loudly. Me and Louis pull away from each other quickly, the feeling similar to being thrown into a freezing lake after sitting by a fire. The warmth is gone like an electrical cord being ripped out of the socket.

"We are closing soon, you can leave your cups on the table. I'll get them." 

I rub my lips, pulling on the bottom one. "I... uh...."

Louis takes my jacket off. "Here's your jacket...."

I shake my head. "You can wear it for a little longer, we still have the ride back to your place. Which I'll need directions to, by the way."

He smiles and puts it back on.

"Alright then, let's get going."

Louis' POV:

I just kissed Harry. And a real kiss at that, lust not taking over this time and our hormones staying under control. I feel like a schoolgirl, all jittery and happy inside.