Chapter Seven

Quick Note: Well, guess my writer's block was short lived this time hehe. Here is the second update in two days. =D I am proud I got this one out and so full of tension. At least I think so hahaha. So enjoy, there is a lot going on in this chapter. A lot of hidden things and questions more than answers so be prepared. Love you all!

*

I almost spit back into my beer seeing Suzanne dancing with Eddie. I thought he was done with her after what she did. Did Eddie plan this or was it coincidence? Just to get back at me for ignoring his feelings for me maybe? What was I supposed to do? I loved Evan.

Anger raged in me at Eddie’s antics and the way he dealt with our relationship. All this passed through my head in a few seconds, but that was all it took for everyone to see my expression and look at what I was seeing.

“Oh hell,” I heard Stacy groan annoyed.

“Who’s that?” Ken asked.

“Sonja.” I turned to Evan’s voice. “Do you want to leave?” He asked and the hint of hope in his voice didn’t get past me. I stood up ignoring everyone and walked over to Eddie and Suzanne. This was probably a stupid idea, but I didn’t quite get the retribution I wanted after she was fired.

“Old habits die hard,” I snapped interrupting their dance pulling Eddie away.

Eddie scowled at me. “What do you care?”

Suzanne was smirking at me, but not saying anything.

“You are a douche bag after what she did,” I turned to face Suzanne. “How’s unemployment treating you honey? From the looks of it not very well I see,” I dug in taking in her appearance. She looked thinner and there was an odd glaze over her eyes now. I guess bitterness and revenge do that to you.

Before I could really take her on or say anything further, Eddie took me by the elbow and steered me away roughly.

“Get your hands off me,” I grumbled angrily at him.

He whirled around to face me with his back to Suzanne. “Who I dance with is none of your concern anymore. In fact, it never really was actually. The world does not revolve around you,” Eddie spat angrily in my face the energy between us was charged with bitterness oozing from the both of us. I hadn’t realized until then that I still was angry at Eddie. His words stung regardless and he was right.

I glanced at our table and I could see Evan making a beeline for me eyes locked with mine.

“Why her?” I turned to Eddie.

“I saw her dancing, I didn’t know she would be here, I took the opportunity to distract myself,” his voice was a little softer.

“Knowing I was right there and would be hurt and want to say something.”

Eddie’s silence answered for me. I began to walk away but he tugged still gripping my elbow. “Sonja…”

“Just let me go Eddie, your right, it doesn’t matter,” I said viciously throwing his feelings back in his face for getting a rise out of me. For using the fact he just happened to notice Suzanne here and took the opportunity to hurt me more or at least piss me off.

“Yes please let her go,” Evan came up finally behind me as I glared at Eddie to let me go. His grip loosened immediately and I shook myself free.

“Take me home.” I said angrily as I passed Evan who followed me after giving Eddie a very dangerous look.

I glanced at Suzanne who was standing against a wall with an amused smirk on her face as she watched the whole scene. For some reason I felt like she had planned this.