a secret pt.2

Your POV

"You can stay here." He offered, shrugging his shoulder towards the rest of his hotel room.

I half smiled. "Thanks, Louis." He hugged me briefly.

"It's good to see you again." He had spoken, his arms still around me,and i knew he was sincere.

Immediately after they'd left the stage, Louis gripped Harry's shoulder, breaking him away from a joke with Liam and looked him straight in the eyes.

"She's here-" was all he needed to say before Harry's face focused in both shock and seriousness, his eyebrows wedged together at his nose, and he'd torn off down the corridor as Louis called to him where i was.

The three hours i had waited seemed almost as long as the three months leading up to them, but when i opened the door to a knock and saw him standing there, panting lightly, eyes still fiery from an exciting show, it was if no time had passed.

And suddenly, as he gently gripped my neck and face with his large hands and pressed his lips to mine, all of the questions and frustrations and hurt disappeared for a moment, and all i felt was love and passion and home.

He pulled away for a moment and as my eyes filled with a mixed emotion of tears, he closed his and pulled his head back even further, taking a deep breath that made it obvious he was overwhelmed at his feelings.

His forehead met mine before he opened his eyes again. Brooding, but caring eyes asked all the questions in his mind before he could speak. I shook my head against his.

"I.. I can't do it anymore, Harry. I can't.." was all i had been able to get out before my voice had cracked and left me for tears.

He knew exactly what i meant without further explanation, and couldn't help but contort his face- trying not to cry himself-and kiss me again. He found my hand and looked down as he threaded his fingers between mine.

"You should have a ring." He spoke, his voice both weak and gruff with emotion. His simple comment held more meaning than at first visible. His face regained a look of deep concentration as he thought about all the things i should have-a ring, a home, a real life- and all the things i shouldn't-enormous secrets, a management that frowned on our relationship, a husband who wasn't there.

"Harry, the only thing I want is you." I had forced him to look at me, knowing full well where his thoughts were going.
"I know our life is going to be different and that's okay. I just can't do.. this.. anymore. I don't know how we'll work it out with management, but-" i had explained, but he cut me off.

"Screw management. You're my wife." He growled, tears poking out of his eyes, and i could tell he was playing something out in his head.

After a few moments he continued, with renewed conviction and little cheekiness.

"And if they want a scandal, we'll give them a scandal." He quickly wiped the tears out from under my eyes with his thumbs, and you raised my eyebrows at him, confused.

"Here, take your jumper off and put this on." He had instructed, sliding out of his jacket, and i did as he said. He grabbed my shoes from the floor beside the bed and dangled them from his hand. He began to pull me quickly towards the exit of the hotel, telling me to keep my head down as much as possible while i was leaving.

After a frenzied run to a waiting car that was accompanied by thousands of flashes and calls for Harry, he pushed me into the back of the seat, making it obvious to the paps outside that he was forcefully kissing me. I took his cue, realizing his plan, and shoved him over, kissing back.

I tried not to giggle and break my cover as the flashes continued and people smashed themselves against the car windows.

Harry simply slapped the window, pretending frustration, and covered my body with his. The driver slowly made his way out of the horde of people, but Harry continued his advances even after the flashes stopped.

The next morning i was giddy as i read the various headlines about how Harry Styles had gotten back with his old girlfriend and their speculations about if it was a one night fling, or if she seduced him, or if they were getting back together.

The plan he had devised the night before as he played with my hair and realized more every moment that he couldn't be away from me any longer was working.

First a few more instances where i get "caught." Then he'd ask me out again and i go public with our relationship.

After a few months he'd propose-publicly this time-and we have you
our "official" wedding the day of our second anniversary And when he came up behind me as we were reading all about his latest "wild night with the ladies" and rubbed my arms, kissing my neck and wrapping his arms around me and i had an overwhelming sense that everything was going to be okay.

Even if this elaborate web of rumors didn't work, he was my husband and i were his wife, and we'd find a way to make it work.