Darren, The Third Brother

Începe de la început

"We are going back?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was trying to be protect you and so was Aiden. But, you're just being an ungrateful brat, so you can fight your own battles. I don't care any more." He said.

My head was throbbing as fast as my hear. In the last forty eight hours, I had angered not only Ace but Aiden too? And I didn't know why my comment had made Aiden so angry. And Aiden was a lot scarier than Ace when he was angry.

~*~ It was a three hour drive back to the house. As expected, Aiden wasn't speaking. When we finally arrived at the house, Aiden shut off the engine  of the car and entered the house without me. My head was still spinning. I climbed out of the truck and walked inside of the house. Aiden was already upstairs Êby the time I walked inside. But, I could hear voices blooming in the living room. I followed the voices.

Ace was talking with a man. The man had slightly darker skin than Ace. The man's skin was tanned a dark shade. It was a shade that could only be achieved by laying in the sun for many hours. His eyes resembled Ace's dark eyes. Their features were similar but the man had harder jaw and his chin was more narrow. Ace's face was sharper and much more defined. The man had a similar built and his muscles were displayed well in a tight black shirt.

His hair was blonde and it reminded me of Aiden's hair. His smiles was slow and easy.

His voice was sharp as a blade, "What's your name, sweet heart?" The man asked.

And his eyes were more perceptive than Ace's eyes. Ace hadn't even noticed that I was practically standing behind him. In instant, Ace's arm darts forward and pulls me behind him. "Oh Ace, don't hide her. That isn't fair, isn't it?" He said, laughing bitterly.

"Let me see her." The man said.

The sounds of his boots clicked harder and harder in the ground. We were almost face to face but Ace held his hands forward.

"I think you need to step back before you get yourself killed." He said.

The man didn't seem alarmed nor scared of Ace's threat. Most people would cower at such a threat but did this man cower? He did not. He only smiled wider. He wasn't afraid of death. I could see it in his eyes.

"What is your name?" He asked.

"She doesn't have a name. She belongs to me." Ace hissed.

"She doesn't have a name?" The man asked, slightly amused.

"That is right. Because her name belongs to me. I'll name her when I'm good and ready." Ace said. The man stepped back, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. The action made his muscles seem larger and much more threatening.

"This isn't any way to talk to your brother, Ace." The man said.  

His brother?

I freeze. Ace had confessed to me that he had three brothers, so this shouldn't come as complete surprise.

 "I'm Darren, Ace's brother. It's nice to meet you-" The man pauses and waits for my name. Ace glares at me.

"I told you she doesn't have a name." Ace repeats, growing more annoyed.

Darren walks over to the kitchen. The Living room and kitchen are connected and they are both very small. Darren jumps on top of the counter and he lands on top of it with ease. His movements are swift and smooth. His sharp movements reminded me of   a skillful  predator. He swings his legs over each other.

"So how much does she know or does she know anything at all?" He asked.

He studies my face for a while and sees if he can find the answer in my eyes.