What is Love? Ch. 1

Darcy's P.O.V.

The buzz about the new guy is spreading like wild fire. All the girls are falling head over heels for him. In all my classes they were classifying how fuckable he is and they even made a bet on who will nail him first.

I was on my way to the cafeteria trying to block out all the talk about the new guy because personally I don't give two shits about how hot he is. I haven't seen him yet and I really have no desire to. Its not like hes gonna want me anyway and besides, my love life died back in freshman year by the one who I tursted the most.

I walked through the doors and went to grab my lunch.

I walked by a group of girls that were gushing over the new guy. Jeez do girls only care about guys at this school, I mean damn. Hes only been here for three periods and the girls can't get enough of him. At least they couldn't waited till his second day here to try to nail him.

I got my food and made my way to the library where I sit with my bestfriend everyday at lunch.

When I got there, she was already there playing on her phone.

"Hey Robin hood," I said

"Hey Darc, did you here about the new guy?" she asked waggling her eyebrows.

"Ugh not you too. All the girls are talking about him and i'm getting annoyed because they won't shut up about him. I bet hes not even that hot," I stated eating a frie.

She gasped and said, "You havent seen him yet? He is so hot and hes a junior just like us. I have second period with him," she gushed.

"No I haven't seen him yet and I don't want to. He probably like all the other guys at this school. He dates a girl, makes her feel special, she gives it up to him, and he dumps her," I said.

She frowned and said," Darcy, you can't base every guy like that because of what Alex did to you in freshman year. Hes a jerk and doesn't know what hes missing."

"I know but what do you want me to base it on, thats the only kind of relationship I have experience with because hes the only guy i've dated," I said calmy.

She was about to answer when she saw Alex and his girlfriend on the other side of the court yard making out by the wall.

I hated to see him with her. It makes me sick because that was me two years ago.

He pulled away and smiled at her. She pulled out of him grasp and answered her phone. He looked at her bored and started playing with a lock of her hair. He looked my way and I got teary eyed. He had apologized hundreds of times after what happened but I cant bring myself to forgive him. He hasnt proven to me that he deserves my forgiveness.

He smiled at me but I just looked away, I couldn't look at him any longer. 

" When are you gonna let it go Darc? Its not good to hold onto this like you have been," Robin said and grabbed my hand.

"I have let it go some but its hard because he was the one I trusted with my life and I feel betrayed by what he did Robin. I wanna get over it but my heart won't let me," I said sadly.

She has no idea how much I wish I could forgive and forget but its not an over night thing, it takes time and I don't know how much but i'm not gonna push it.

"Okay, i'm here if you need me. I'll always be here for you," she said sweetly and smiled.

I smiled and nodded. Once lunch was through we walked towards the school and went to our 4th period class.I got to the door and there was a sign saying to meet in the library. Ugh I hate when teachers do this. I groaned and trudged back towards the library.