Chapter 33: The Beginning of The End

Song: Ours by Taylor Swift

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, give me back my wand before I-i" Hermione thought about what she could say but nothing came to mind.

"Before you what?" Teased Draco, he held her wand up higher so she couldn't reach it.

"Before I do this," she grabbed his shirt collar and brought his lips down to meet hers. He wrapped his arms around her torso and kissed her back. Hermione grabbed her wand out of his hand and a smirk spread across her face.

"Hey," Said Draco as he pulled away, "That... that was actually pretty smart."

A small smile appeared on Hermione's face, "I'm not called the brightest witch of my age for nothing."

"Oh really?" mumbled Draco, he made up the distance between the two and kissed her again.

Two guests apparated into the apartment with a pop,  both Draco and Hermione ignored it. One of the two who were awkwardly watching cleared their throat and said, "You two sure do look smitten."

The two pulled away, taking notice to Blaise and Pansy. Neither of them had seen or heard from them since their wedding night. Both of them were sporting a deep tan they had gotten from the Caribbean sun.

"Well, hey there," greeted Hermione, "How was the honeymoon?"

"It was great," Answered Blaise.

Pansy made herself at home and plopped down on Hermione's couch. She could feel another headache coming on. She added onto Blaise's comment, "Until I got terrible stomach pains and headaches on the plane back."

"Not one for flying, huh?" asked Hermione casually.

"You bet..." Confirmed Pansy, "Those damn metal muggle contraptions are bloody awful. The bathrooms on that thing were literally the size of a broom closet. Have you ever used an airplane bathroom while going through turbulence? It ain't fun."

Draco snickered at Pansy's comment.

She glared at him in a not so friendly way and said, "Keep laughing, buddy, maybe I'll just share the story of you in our fourth year when you decided to take your broom out for a joy ride and ended up-"

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Interrupted Draco frantically. 

Watching them was like watching two siblings fight. Blaise and Hermione did not know the story so they begged Pansy to tell it. It didn't take long for her to give in. Draco sat down in one of the chairs and sunk back into it like he wanted to disappear. Hermione came over and sat on the arm of his chair. He wrapped an arm around her waist and she fell down into his lap.

"Do you two remember when fake Moody turned Draco into a ferret?" Asked Pansy.

Both Blaise and Hermione nodded eagerly.

"Well, this is a reprise of Draco the ferret. Fake Moody found Draco flying his broom around the Hogwarts grounds after curfew one fall afternoon. I was up late working on a paper in the library, I had the perfect view for what was about to go down. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco fly in front of the window. The second time he flew by the window he wasn't Draco, he was a ferret. A tiny little ferret that clung on to a broom fake Moody was manipulating. Those little arms were bear hugging that broom, I could hear him squealing from inside the library. I just about died from laughter. You should've seen his reaction when I confronted him about it in the Slytherin common room later that night, it was priceless." When Pansy finished she leaned further back into the couch and smiled to herself.

On the other side of the living room Draco had his face hidden underneath his hands. He mumbled, "I hate you."

Pansy ignored the comment, she just muttered, "Good times, good times."