Chapter 19: Rutland

Song: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol

Everyone was up and dressed shortly after Harry's patronus had made an appearance. Hermione had brought some dry cereal with her and they all ate some for breakfast. Draco complained at first, but eventually settled for it.

"I could kill for some milk right now," Said Draco as he munched on his dry cereal, "Who eats cereal dry? That's absurd."

Hermione looked up to him, "Me."

"Of course you do Granger. I bet you sleep with your socks on too." Teased Draco.

"What's wrong with that, Malfoy?" 

"I've been thinking about the message Harry sent," interrupted Theo, everyone stopped what they were doing to listen, "He said he was in a cell with wooden floors and stone walls... When you-know-who reigned he had a base outside of Rutland. All of the cells there had wooden floors and stone walls."

Hermione got up from where she was sitting and began to pick stuff up, "I guess we're going to Rutland then."

* * * * *

"Rutland sure is a quaint little town," Observed Luna.

Draco, Hermione, Theo, and Luna had just apparated to the small town of Rutland, England in hope of finding their friend Harry Potter. Well... Hermione and Luna's friend. Theo came along for the adventure and Draco came along for Hermione. Draco would never admit to himself but he cared for Hermione and didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

The sound of the their shoes hitting the cobblestone street turned some of the locals heads. An older man sitting in rocking chair in front of a general store called out to them, "Hey..." The two Slytherins, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor turned around to face the man, "What is your business here in Rutland? We never get tourist around here."

Draco spoke up, "We're just passing through. We won't be here long."

The older man had a cigar hanging out of his mouth, "Where is your car?"

"We came by train," Answered Hermione.

An awkward silence filled the air.

"We better get on our way," Said Theo, he kicked a pebble aimlessly.

"You should stop by the pub a little ways down. They serve the best beer I've ever had in there." Said the old man, he watched the young adults walk away.

"I'll never understand muggles," Commented Draco when the old man was out of ear shot, "Who would want to sit outside a general store all day? That just screams, I have nothing else better to do."

"I don't think I ever will either, mate." Said Theo before he noticed the pub a couple of store fronts down, "There's the pub, We should go in. The dry cereal Hermione gave me isn't doing its job. I'm still hungry."

"I'm sorry I didn't prepare a five course breakfast, Theo. Next time I'll make sure breakfast is up to your standards." Said Hermione sarcastically.

The inside of the pub reminded Hermione of Hogs Head, most of the people in there looked sketchy.

Theo asked the bartender, "Can I get a Firewhiskey and what ever that bloke is having?"Theo motioned at a tall man sitting at the bar eating a steak.

"A Firewhiskey? What the Hell is that?" Asked The bartender.

"He'll have a water," interrupted Hermione, "And a sandwich."

Luna scolded her boyfriend, "Theo, it's only," she looked down at her watch, "ten o'clock in the morning."