Chapter 12: The Past

Song: Fire and Rain by James Taylor

"I'm telling you, Granger, I have to have a memory foam pillow or I won't get any sleep tonight." Demanded Draco from Luna's Room.

Hermione stepped into the door frame, "I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience," She said sarcastically as she put one of her hands on her hip, "If you want one so bad then go get yours from your apartment."

"I would but it's...to far." Said Draco as he put his arm out in the direction of his apartment.

Hermione rolled her eyes and left the room, "Lazy."

"Know it all," Rebutted Draco.

Hermione walked back into the room, "Ferret."

"Teachers pet."

"Albino."

"I'm not albino," Said Draco, offended, "I've actually gotten a lot darker."

He actually was darker, he looked healthy almost.

"Eh, maybe a little," Admitted Hermione.

"I'm sure you got a ton of sun hanging onto window sills," Said Hermione, referring to when they were trapped out on her balcony.

"Actually I did my back is still red," Draco turned around and pulled his shirt up so Hermione could see his red back, "See."

"Uh, yeah," She could see his defined back real well, "You should probably put some aloe vera on that."

"What's that?"

"It helps with sunburns."

"Oh, do you have any?" Asked Draco.

"It just so happens that I do," Answered Hermione as she left the room to go get it out of the bathroom. A moment later she came back into the room with the aloe vera in hand. She handed it to Draco he stared at her confused.

"How do I apply this," Asked Draco as he squirted some into his hand.

"You're twenty-three years old, you should be able to figure this out on your own." Commented Hermione as she left the room.

Hermione went into her room and changed into her pajamas, which consisted of some old athletic shorts and a baggy T-shirt. Malfoy is spending the night in my apartment, thought Hermione, what am I thinking...oh Merlin.

"Granger come here," Shouted Draco from the other room, Hermione went back into Luna's room, and found Draco rubbing in the aloe vera with a back loofah.

"Malfoy," Started Hermione, she shook her head and pinched the bridge of her nose, "Is that a loofah?"

Draco held out the loofah and studied it, "Is that what this is?"

Hermione sighed, "What did you call me in here for?"

"I was wondering if the aloe vera was rubbed in," Asked Draco as he turned around and showed Hermione his bare aloe vera covered back, "Is it?"

"You might've used a little too much." Observed Hermione, "Rub it in some more."

"I can't this loofah isn't working that well." He tried to get rub it in some more but it just wasn't working, "Can you to rub it in?"

"Malfoy I'm not-"

"Damn woman, you can use the loofah," Draco held out the back loofah and Hermione took it.

She awkwardly poked him with it, in attempt to rub it in. From the angle where she was standing she could see his faded dark mark on his left arm forearm. She didn't say anything to him about it. It made her think about the scar she had on her arm. The memory of Bellatrix carving mudblood into her arm took over her mind.