Chapter 29- Awake and Alive

Readers POV

My eyes fluttered open. After a few moments of the foggy vision I could finally see clear. But also could feel a sharp sensation of pain at my side. It was almost unbearable. I slowly reached over to a the table pressing a button on the remote hoping it called in a nurse. Instead it turned on a TV. "Fuck!" I say barley audible. I give up and roll over clenching the bed sheets. After a few moments of all the pain someone came into the room. "Fuck fuck fuck," I say tears falling.

"Y/n.? Y/n!" It was Joe's voice, it got closer to me.

  "Get a nurse," I say clenching my teeth together.

   "Okay!" He says running out the door. "Nurse! She's awake!" He walks back to the bed and a nurse follows behind him.

  "What's wrong?" She asks. 

   "Pain, everything hurts," I say, "I- just- ahh!"

   "Okay okay shhhh," she says. She grabs a needle and my arm and injects it into my vines.

"What the fuck was that!" I say.

  "It will ease the pain for a bit until the doctor comes back." She says. Slowly the pain goes away and I roll over to face Joe.

   "Okay," I say, she smiles and leaves and I reach over to Joe's hand.

   "Where did you get that locket?" He asks.

   "What locket?" I ask. I look down to see the locket Jessie gave me around me neck. "I don't know."

   "Huh," he says.

   "How Jack?" I ask.

   "Perfectly fine, broken arm I think though," he says.

   "It wasn't his fault," I say to Joe.

    "Really because he got away with a broken arm and some scratches while you have broken ribs, had internal bleeding, a concussion, and a broken ankle so yeah not his fault," Joe snaps.

  "It wasn't his fault," I repeat.

  "Whatever," he says.

  "Can you do me a favor?" I ask.

  "What?" He says.

   "Just kiss me and stop talking," I say.

  "I can do that," he says leaning over to kiss me. But the sound of the door stopped him.

  "Gross," Amanda says.

  "If you are here to say shit about me I-" I say until she interrupts me.

  "Actually I came to apologize," she says.

  "Huh?" I ask.

  "I've been awful to you and it wasn't until I say your car totaled and didn't know if you were okay that I realized that I can't deal with losing you sis," she says.

  "Really?" I say.

  "Really," she says hugging me. "Now Sam, Malix, and our brother are out there waiting to come in."

"Let them jeez," I say. She walks over and opens the door.  Zane runs in and jumps onto the bed. "Ow!" I say as he hits my ribs.

"Are you okay!" He says.

  "Yeah I'm fine you just hit my ribs but I'm fine," I say. Everyone else follows in and soon we have a crowd around my bed. One stuck out. Sam.

 "Hey," he says.

"Hey," I respond. As I do Joe grabs my hand. But I know better, he just wants to make Sam jealous. Sam rolls his eyes and I give him a sympathetic smile.

"How are you feeling?" Malix asks.

"Fine, everything hurts though," I say.

"Well it was a bad crash," Amanda says.

"You're pretty beat up from the crash," Sam says.

"Well I'm alive," I say.

"Barley," Joe says.

"Stop, not now," I say.

"What?" Zane asks.

"Nothing," I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA 

I thought I could publish this on the right day but noooooooo! Emma can't even do that.