Chapter 23- Jacks Guilt

Joe's POV

   "Sam we can't go back there," Amanda says. He growls and sits down.

"It's been 4 hours!" He shouts.

"Stop complaining," I say.

"But why won't they tell us anything!" He says.

"Because they don't know anything yet," Amanda says.

"Ugh," Sam groans. I look up at the TV and see the news report again.

"Local teens Y/n L/n and Jack Reeden were in a fatal car accident," the news reporter says, "there car drifted into the other lane and they hit a semi driven by Jackson Morrn who is surprisingly uninjured as for the condition of the other two nothing is known."

"I think I'm gonna be sick," Amanda says. She gets up and walks away.

"I got this," I say. I follow her as she walks outside. "Amanda!"

"What Joe?" She yells. She stops and turns to me tears down her face.

"Listen to me," I say, "it's not your fault."

"I know I just wish I would of been a better sister," she says.

"You're here and that's what matters," I say to her.

"Is that really what matters because whether or not I showed up doesn't change the fact that she is in there dying!" Amanda screams. The tears turn into streams as she falls to the ground. I sit beside her and pull her into a hug. "I didn't even have the guts to stand up to Zachary for all these years for her."

"Then maybe when she gets out you can try to fix your guys relationship," I say.

"You think that would help?" She asks.

"Definitely," I say.

"Thanks Joe," she says.

"You're welcome," I say. I stand up and offer a hand to help her up. She takes it and I gently pull her up.

"Let's get back inside," she says. I nod and smile.

"Alright," I say. We walk back inside to where Malix and Sam are siting.

"Jacks mom was notified," Malix says.

"So?" I say, "isn't that a good thing."

"No dip shit that's a very bad thing," Sam says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because Jack's mom doesn't exactly like him," Malix says.

"Then way would she come?" I ask.

"To tell them she isn't paying for him," Sam says.

"To tell them she doesn't care what happens to him," Amanda says.

"Are guys here for Y/n and Jack?" A nurse says.

"Yes," I say.

"Well according to this Jacks gonna be fine just some small injuries," she says.

"Really?" I ask.

"He missed most of the impact," she says.

"That's good," Malix says.

"Is he awake?" Sam asks.

"Yes, he is in room 109 and they are accepting visitors," she says.

"What about Y/n?" I ask.

"We still don't know anything," she says, "unlike her friend she wasn't as lucky with impact, she was hit pretty hard." I felt a pain in my chest and my throat tighten.

"How?" Sam asks.

"Well she was leaning over the seat over the wheel while Jack was under the wheel," she says.

"Why?" Malix asks.

"We don't know only they do," she says. "Anything else?"

"No thank you," Malix says. She smiles and walks to the doorway to the patients. "Lets go find Jack," Malix says.

~Time skip~

We walk into the room to see Jack siting up. There was a sling around his wrist but that was it. He was looking at something in his hands. As we got closer we could see his phone.

"Hey," Malix says siting in a chair by the bed.

"How you feeling?" Sam asks.

"Fine," he mumbles quietly.

"Are you okay?" Malix asks.

"I'm fine," he says not removing his eyes from the phone. I look at the screen. It was completely black meaning the phone was off.

"You sure?" Sam asks. We all look at him. Watching him as he moves. Which he hardly did. He remained still. Except for now tears fell onto the phone.

"I'm sorry," he says.

"Why are you sorry?" Sam asks.

"It's all my fault," he says.

"Why are you talking like that? Its not your fault," I say. He looks at me and then back at the phone.

"Yes it is, and it's all because this damn thing," he says chucking the phone at the wall.

"What? You aren't making any sense," Malix says.

"Because of me and my stupid phone Y/n might be dead!" He screams.

"What the hell did you do?" I say.

"Easy Joe," Amanda says.

"I dropped my phone and went to grab it and ducked under the wheel she went to steady the wheel," he says, "but then my jacket got stuck and she went to help me."

"You did what!" I scream grabbing the collar of his hospital gown.

"I'm sorry," he says tears streaming down his face.

"There is no sorry to this," I say. I let go and turn for the door. I slam it behind me and walk towards the exit.

"Clear the way!" A nurse shouts. She leads. A stretcher down the hallway with five other nurses. I catch a glimpse of Y/n has they pass by. I feel my knees get weak and I drop to the ground. I can't loose her.