Chapter 4- Tree Tops

Unedited
Reader's POV

"Jack this is the second day in a row you almost crashed my fucking car!" I scream at him. I grab my backpack and slam the door.

"I'm sorry," He says.

"Ugh just be careful I'm don't have the money to fix my car," I say as we walk to the cafeteria.

"I am being careful," He says.

"Whatever," I say as we walk through the preps. Half of them were gone because of the Rugby tournament Joe was talking about. So none of them said anything. Jack and I got to the cafeteria and only saw Sam. "Where the hell is Malix?" I ask.

"Rugby," Sam says quietly.

"Since when was he on the team!" I yell.

"He joined but didn't want you to know because he knew how you would react," Sam says.

"Jesus fucking Christ where is this fucking tournament?" I ask.

"I don't fucking know he wouldn't tell me," Sam says.

"Then I fucking know who would know," I say stomping out of the cafeteria into the circle of preps. "Amanda!" I yell. Amanda looks over to me and rolls her eyes.

"What do you want?" She asks.

"Where the hell is that stupid fucking rugby tournament?" I ask.

"Its at Anderson High school, "she says, "why do you want to know?"

"It doesn't fucking matter," I say.

"I don't care anyways," Amanda says.

"Y/n what are you doing?" Sam asks running up to me.

"I'm going to that fucking tournament," I say as I jump into my car.

"No you aren't," Sam says. I start the car and flip him off.

"Yes I fucking am," I yell as I drive to Anderson. "That fucking asshole." My phone starts ringing and I threw it in the passenger seat. In a couple of minutes I arrived at Anderson. I parked by the bus and stomp into the school. I walk on to the field only to be stopped by a tall guy.

"Rugby players only," He says. I grab his shirt collar and pin him against the wall.

"You're gonna let me go through here and tell me where Winston Anderson's rugby team is," I say.

"In the west locker room," he says. I let go of his collar and walk to the locker room. I pounded on the door only for someone to open it.

"Um hello freak why are you at the rugby tournament?" Caspar says.

"Where the hell is Malix?!" I scream.

"What none off your dumb freak friends are here," Caspar says.

"That's it!" I say shoving Caspar out of my way. "Malix where the hell are you?"

"Y/n you can't be in here," someone says. I look over to see Joe. In a towel. Because he is in the locker room. And they were changing.

"Where is Malix Madison," I ask.

"Who?" He asks.

"Me," I hear Malix say. He walks over to me and and sighs. "They know me by my actual name not my nickname."

"Nick?" Joe says.

"Malix what the hell?!" I scream.

"Hehe well?" He says.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" I scream.

"Well because I knew this would happen," he says.

"No this happened because you didn't tell me," I say.

"Let's talk out here," he says leading me to the door.

"We never hid anything Malix, so why now," I say.

"Because I like rugby, it's fine and these guys are nice," He says.

"Bullshit their nice," I say.

"Why are you so mad?" He asks.

"Because you fucking know what these assholes did to me," I say.

"They aren't all bad," he says.

"Fuck you Malix," I say walking off. I jumped into my car and drove off.

Joe's POV

"What the hell just happened?" I ask as Nick walks back in.

"Nothing let's just get out there and play," he says.

"Okay," Caspar says. They all walk out into the field.

"I'll catch up guys," I say. I grab the bracelet out of my bag and walk out there. I shove the bracelet in my pocket and ran to the rest of the team.

Reader's POV

    I drove to the old play ground and parked by oak tree. I shove my phone in my pocket and I start to climb the tree. Once I reach a sturdy branch I sit down. I look at my bracelet. It's not the same. It's not the one he gave me when we were little. They took it from me. A couple months ago those preppy assholes grabbed it off my wrist. It wasn't tighten. So when they were making fun of us. One of the guys took it of my wrist and I haven't seen it since.

"Y/n?" A voice asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Can I come up," they say.

"I don't know who is there so," I say.

"It's me," they say, "Joe."

"Why are you here?" I ask as he starts to climb the tree.

"Well you looked upset," he says.

"Yeah well seeing as I hate the rugby team," I say.

"What's that?" He says looking at my bracelet.

"It's a bracelet that Malix or Nick gave to me," I say,"well it's a copy of it a couple months ago someone stole the original."

"You and Nick must be close," he says.

"He has been my friend since we were little," I say,"my older brother used to be really mean to us and our moms weren't the nicest. so one time we decided we would run away so we backed bags and everything then we walked off to Stevens Town. Back then the little jewellery store was still open. So Malix spent all of his money to get me that bracelet."

"That's a cute story," he says, "for someone so punk it's weird to hear of a friendship that started like that."

"Hey even punks were little kids," I say.

"So are you okay?" He says.

"I'm feeling better now," I say,"thanks for talking to me."

"Your welcome," he says.

"So how did you guys do?" I ask.

"I only played one game," Joe says.

"Huh?" I ask.

"I couldn't focus and the coach sent me home," he says.

"Huh," I say.

"So um wanna go do something?" He asks.