Ch 27 The Final Lesson

The next week went by and everyone was glad not to have to worry about the shadows or anything that could harm the gang or the students. Then the one day Alexis was walking to Atticus' room to talk about something that he needed to speak with her alone. When she got to the room she opened the door and saw that the room was ransacked. She then saw someone from the balcony jump out and run and she saw Atticus was nowhere to be seen. So she pursued the person. She ran into him in the forest and dueled him to free Atticus from his clutches.

The duel didn't take long before Alexis' life points were depleted. The man took his leave but not before taking his prize and Alexis' soul as well. Then Chazz and Jaden heard about Atticus' room being destroyed and Jaden didn't think much of it. Then he remembered that Alexis was captured by Amneal or Banner as he would remember him as. Chazz said that he would look into the forest for Atticus and Jaden should take a break from saving the world. Jaden didn't argue with him and they went their separate ways.

Then about an hour later Chazz had been defeated and Jaden was all that was left. To Jaden, Syrus, and Chumley went to the abandoned dorm to find who was behind the attacks. Then they went to the basement and found a research lab and Jaden knew that Amneal was waiting for him. Then the boys began to question why they came down here. Then they heard an evil laugh. Then the lights went on and they revealed Amneal and he was ready for a duel. Jaden then said "well Amneal I am here so lets through down." Amneal said "very well but I got an interesting idea in mind for you Jaden."

Then Jaden saw in horror that Alexis, Chazz, and Atticus were in sphere like object that were see through. They were scared and were aware that they could see Jaden and he could see them. Jaden said "let them go. I will duel you but let them go." Amneal said "I have a much better plan in mind. Every time you deal damage to me they will feel the pain and suffer at your hands." Jaden was shocked at what he had said. Jaden said "that is a lie you would do such a thing would you."

Then Atticus started screaming in pain. Then Chazz began as well. Then it stopped for the both of them but Jaden knew something was coming next. Then the voice of Alexis began to scream. He could hear her cries of agony and he wanted it to stop. Then something broke in Jaden. His anger that he had mastered to control was set free. Then darkness began to swarm around Jaden and his eyes were no longer chocolate brown but golden yellow. Alexis watched in pain and suffering as her friend and hopeful lover was changing into a monster.

The armor of the king appeared on Jaden and he was angry and happy that he was free again. Amneal saw what had happened and welcomed a challenge from the king. Syrus and Chumley were scared beyond belief. Jaden's duel disk started and so did Amneals and they started the duel and were ready to take on what would be the hardest battle for Jaden or the king. Yubel on the other hand tried talking to Jaden and telling him to stop this madness but Jaden wouldn't listen. He had been taken over by his anger.

Then the duel began Amnael draws "Chaos Distill" and subsequently activates it. Now all of Amnael's cards that would be sent to the Graveyard will be removed from play instead. He then activates "Steel Lamp" to Special Summon "Alchemy Beast - Salamandra the Steel" (500/500) from his Deck in Attack Position. He then activates "Bronze Scale" and "Lead Compass" to Special Summon "Alchemy Beast - Ouroboros the Bronze" (500/500) and "Alchemy Beast - Leon the Lead" (500/500) from his Deck in Attack Position. Amnael then Sets a card.

The King said "my turn, I draw. I play Dark Fusion to fuse Elemental Heroes Bursinatrix and Clayman to form Evil Hero Infernal Sniper in defense mode (2500def). Now due to the effect of my sniper she can deal 1000 points of damage to you so ready, aim, fire. Amneal laughed as he took the hit. Then the King heard the screams of the three captives and Amneal laughed again. Amneal said "did you forget that damage to me harms your friends as well." The King said "I have no friends so they are insignificant to me. So let them suffer for all I care about is victory." Amneal said "as you wish."

The King said "next I play Dark Calling to fuse by removing fusion material from my hand and grave to summon Evil Hero Lightning Golem in attack mode (2400atk). Now I could use his effect but I will attack with him first so attack his Ouroboros." Amneal said "I play my face down Elemental Absorber by sending a card that has the same attribute as your monster I can negate your attack and he can never attack again." The King was unhappy but ended his turn with a face down. Amneal smiled as it was his turn to inflict damage to the King.

Amneal said "my turn, I draw. I have all three of my monster attack you directly as they can. Now I play Black Process - Negledo to remove my monsters from play but I get to draw two cards for each monster removed from play so I draw six cards. Now I play Tin Spell Circle, Mercury Hourglass, and Silver Key to summon Alchemy Beast - Aretos the Tin (500/500), Alchemy Beast - Ekenas the Mercury (500/500), and Alchemy Beast - Moonface the Silver (500/500). Now I end my turn so lets see what you can do."

The King said "my turn, I draw. My sniper deals 1000 points of damage to you again." The King watched as the three members of the gang were being tortured at his own hands. The King said "I play Card of Sanity to allow us both to draw till we have six cards in our hands. Now I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Elemental Absorber. Now for your demise I play Dark Fusion to fuse The Wicked Dreedroot and Valkyrion the Magna Warrior to form Evil Hero Dark Gaia in attack mode (7500atk). Now Evil Gaia destroy his with dark catastrophe."

Amneal then was turned to dust after the attack and was never seen again. Then the three members of the gang were released and Atticus and Chazz could muster the strength to stand but Alexis could. The King walked up to her and looked at her in the eye and his anger was still controlling him. Then Alexis hugged the King and said "Jaden I know you are in there I want you to come back at the kind warm person you were please do it for me." The King pushed her away and said "Jaden is gone and I am was is left. So to make sure that I control this body I need to get rid of someone. He reached out to Alexis but then Yubel appeared and blocked his path.

Yubel said "I will not let you hurt this woman she is very important to me so leave Supreme King and give Jaden back his mind." Then the King clenched his head and the fight for control of Jaden's body began again. Then Jaden was able to get a grip and return to normal. Yubel then as Jaden got a hold of himself told him what had happened. Jaden so shocked and felt the guilt eat him up that he ran away from the group before answering their questions.

The gang regrouped and went in search for Jaden. But nobody could find him. Then Yubel appeared in front of Alexis and said "Alexis I need your help." Alexis said "where is Jaden?" Yubel said "follow me." Yubel led Alexis to the top of Duel Academy and saw Jaden in a sad state. Yubel told her to comfort him. Alexis walked up to Jaden but he didn't take notice that he was not alone anymore. Alexis brushed her hand through Jaden's hair and he now noticed Alexis was here.

He looked at her then turned away. Alexis said "Jaden stop beating yourself up and focus on what is important, you saved all of us again so why are you not acting like a hero that saves the day." Jaden said "I watched as you and Atticus, and Chazz were tortured by me. I think it is better if I left you guys alone for a while and not be apart of the group ok."  Alexis said "Jaden you saved us, we are all in one piece ok. We all saw you turn into the king but that is in the past and now we can move forward and prevent it from happening again ok. Jaden I am going to ask you a question. Would you like to spend the summer break with me and Atticus?"

Jaden turned his head and was shocked to hear this question but his sadness was replaced with happiness as he would get to hang out with the girl of his dreams. He said "sure I guess but I would have to ok it with my parents but they are never around but I think they would agree to this. What about your parents?" Alexis said "they would be delighted to meet you and put up with you this summer ok." Jaden got up and was in a better mood and left Alexis but not before saying thanks fro cheering him up. So Alexis knew that one way to control his anger was her and the king would do everything in his power to get her out of the way but for now she wanted to enjoy her day at the island.