Ch 22 Love Trapped

The gang waited for Bastion to hope to come back or break out of the coliseum. Then they heard the cries of Bastion being defeated and defeated again and again. Then the gates opened and Bastion came out looking all depressed. The gang ran up to him and asked him what had happened. Bastion said that Tania had dumped him. Chazz said that he was lucky. Jaden watched as this friends tried talking some sense into Bastion but nothing worked. Jaden was about to talk to Bastion when it hit him. He needed Bastion to have a rematch so he could get even with her.

So the next day after all had gone down with Bastion and Tania Jaden went to class. He went early to see if Bastion was there but he was nowhere to be found. Then Cowler walked up to Jaden. Jaden expected a nasty retort about him being early. But Cowler asked his if he could help Bastion get himself back together. Jaden agreed to help because Bastion's dueling career was on the line and if he didn't get out of this then he would be stuck and in love forever. So Jaden heard from Crowler that Bastion was in the main arena and he made his way there.

Jaden got to the main arena and saw the gang trying their hardest to get Bastion back to the way he was before he dueled Tania. Jaden walked up to Bastion after hearing Alexis give an eloquent talk about love but to no avail to Bastion. He believed that without Tania that he could have the passion to duel anymore. Jaden then said "why not ask for a rematch? I am sure that she would turn down your offer." Bastion was excited that he grabbed Jaden and everyone followed as Jaden and Bastion made their way to the coliseum

Bastion walked up to Tania and said that he wanted a rematch. Tania refused to give him such a request. Jaden stepped in and said that he deserves one for he was played by her. Tania said that if Jaden didn't duel her then there was no duel at all. Jaden looked at her and smiled and accepted the challenge. Meanwhile Alexis was worried to death that her friend would win because they still have a dinner get together and she was not going to let Jaden get off the hook that easy.

Tania and Jaden started their duel disks and said "duel."Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Avian" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1000/1000) in Defense Position. Tania draws "Amazoness Paladin" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1700/300) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Amazoness Paladin", it gains 100 ATK for every "Amazoness" monster Tania controls. She has one, so "Amazoness Paladin" gains 100 ATK ("Amazoness Paladin": 1700 → 1800/300). Tania then activates "Amazoness Charm" to switch "Avian" to Attack Position and increase its ATK by 200 ("Avian": 1000 → 1200/1000).

Tania then activates "Amazoness Arena", which increases both players' Life Points by 600 upon activation (Jaden 4000 → 4600; Tania 4000 → 4600). Now when a monster attacks, both players can pay 100 Life Points at the end of the Damage Step to inflict 100 damage to their opponents. "Amazoness Paladin" attacks and destroys "Avian" (Jaden 4600 → 4000). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 4000 → 3900; Tania 4600 → 4500) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 3900 → 3800; Tania 4500 → 4400).

Jaden draws "Polymerization" and subsequently activates it to fuse "Elemental Hero Sparkman" with "Elemental Hero Clayman" in order to Fusion Summon "Elemental Hero Thunder Giant" (2400/1500) in Attack Position.

Since "Thunder Giant" was summoned, its effect activates, allowing Jaden to destroy "Amazoness Paladin". "Thunder Giant" attacks directly (Tania 4400 → 2000).

Tania draws "Amazoness Archers" and subsequently Sets it. She then Normal Summons "Amazoness Swords Woman" (1500/1600) in Attack Position. Tania then activates "Amazoness Call" to return "Thunder Giant" to the Fusion Deck and Special Summon "Clayman" (800/2000) and "Sparkman" (1600/1400) from Jaden's Graveyard to his side of the field in Attack Position.

"Amazoness Swords Woman" attacks and destroys "Clayman" (Jaden 3800 → 3100). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 3100 → 3000; Tania 2000 → 1900) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 3000 → 2900; Tania 1900 → 1800).

Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1200/800) in Attack Position.

"Sparkman" attacks "Amazoness Swords Woman", but Tania activates her face-down "Amazoness Archers" to decrease the ATK of all of Jaden's monsters by 600 ("Elemental Hero Sparkman": 1600 → 1000/1400; "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix": 1200 → 600/800) and force them all to attack. "Amazoness Swords Woman" destroys "Sparkman" (Jaden 2900 → 2400). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 2400 → 2300; Tania 1800 → 1700) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 2300 → 2200; Tania 1700 → 1600).

"Burstinatrix" attacks "Amazoness Swords Woman". "Amazoness Swords Woman" destroys "Burstinatrix" (Jaden 2200 → 1300). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 1300 → 1200; Tania 1600 → 1500) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 1200 → 1100; Tania 1500 → 1400). Jaden then sets two cards. He then activates "The Warrior Returning Alive" to return "Clayman" from his Graveyard to his hand.

Tania draws "Amazoness Tiger" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1100/1500) in Attack Position. Due to the effect of "Amazoness Tiger", it gains 400 ATK for every "Amazoness" monster Tania controls. Tania currently has two ("Amazoness Tiger": 1100 → 1900/1500).

"Amazoness Swords Woman" attacks directly, but Jaden activates his face-down "A Hero Emerges" to force Tania to choose a random card in Jaden's hand. If it's a monster, Jaden can Special Summon it. Tania selects the only card in Jaden's hand and Jaden Special Summons "Clayman (800/2000) in Defense Position.

A replay occurs, and Tania uses "Amazoness Swords Woman" to attack "Clayman". The attack fails, but due to the effect of "Amazoness Swords Woman", Jaden takes all Battle Damage that Tania would have taken (Jaden 1100 → 600). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 600 → 500; Tania 1400 → 1300) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 500 → 400; Tania 1300 → 1200).

"Amazoness Tiger" attacks "Clayman". The attack fails (Tania 1200 → 1100). The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and both players pay 100 Life Points (Jaden 400 → 300; Tania 1100 → 1000) before damage is inflicted (Jaden 300 → 200; Tania 1000 → 900).

Since "Amazoness Tiger" attacked a monster and it didn't destroy it, Tania activates "Amazoness Trainer" to increase the ATK of "Amazoness Tiger" by 400 ("Amazoness Tiger": 1900 → 2300/1500) and allow it to attack again. "Amazoness Tiger" attacks "Clayman", but Jaden activates his face-down "Clay Charge" to destroy "Clayman" and "Amazoness Tiger" and inflict 800 damage to Tania (Tania 900 → 100).

Jaden draws "Elemental Hero Wildheart" and subsequently Normal Summons it (1500/1600) in Attack Position. "Wildheart" attacks "Swords Woman". Both monsters are destroyed in a Double KO. The effect of "Amazoness Arena" activates and Jaden pays 100 Life Points (Jaden 200 → 100) in order to activate its effect (Tania 100 → 0).

Bastion was no longer in the thorns of love but now in love with dueling. Jaden and the gang left but not before seeing Tania transform into a tiger and they left. Jaden was getting ready for another get together with Alexis but then Syrus and Chumley stopped him. Chumley said "Jaden if you continue to see Alexis then the whole school will hate you for dating the hottest girl in the school." Jaden said "all it is, is two friends talking and hanging out over a meal is so it is not a date." Syrus said "Jaden we know that you like Alexis but one day someone is going to try and take her away from you ok."Jaden left but not before packing his food for his evening with Alexis.