Her Eyes

Source Of Idea: Comic & post, with credit below

I would post the comic too but it's not lapidot so I won't

Plus I'm too lazy to ask permission whoops

Universe: Heterochromia AU

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

     The city's breath was cold and chilling as it passed over its occupants. The season was changing; the most obvious signs being the trees ridding themselves of leaves and the air beginning to chill everyone's bones. Even though it was less obvious, the occupants of the city were changing too. For a short blonde techie named Peridot Olivine, she was getting nervous.

     Very nervous.

     Because somehow, Peridot Olivine, a girl with nerdy hobbies and thick glasses that covered two differently colored eyes, had been convinced to go on a blind date by her roommate, best friend, and former crush, Amethyst Garcia.

     Peridot was nervous as hell.

     Peridot had two days to go before meeting the girl. The girl that Amethyst had said she would click really well with, although Peridot wasn't sure about the authenticity of that comment. The girl she was going to spend a day just spending time with.

     Lapis Lazuli Rivera.

---------------

     Lapis Lazuli Rivera, the girl with the cartilage piercing, blue hair, and sundresses, was scared as hell. What if the girl hated her because her carefree go with the flow personality? Or because of her past relationship with Jasper?

Either because they were fucking horrible to each other, or because of Lapis's heterochromia.

About that.

     In this world, some people are just born with heterochromia. Lapis didn't believe all that soulmate bullshit; she just had heterochromia for Christ's sake! Thus, when she had met Jasper, she didn't think she was "going against the grain" or anything like that. She was just dating someone (someone she was horrible with but still someone) while she was a girl with heterochromia.

     Or that's what she thought.

     Lapis took at deep breath as she went over to her mirror to do last minute touches. She stared at her eyes as she applied a light layer of makeup and made sure her hair wasn't a rat's nest. Two differently colored eyes stared back at her, one a dark ocean blue, and the other the most beautiful shade of green. Lapis really lucked out. If she really was connected with someone though, Lapis wondered which shade belonged to her.

     Let's do this.

     Let's meet Peridot Olivine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Amethyst, what if she's leaving me in the dust?!" Peridot whipped around to face her Latino friend, who was leaning against her seat in the coffee shop.
     "Dude, you literally tried convincing me that coming ten minutes early to a date was good and now you're freaking out," Amethyst chuckled, sinking somehow even farther into the cushion of the seat.
     "Okay okay, fine, five minutes next time," Peridot laughed, leaning back into her seat. "Still, I just, " Peridot paused to run a hand through her messy blone hair, "what if this girl doesn't like me? What if she thinks I'm too nerdy?" Amethyst smiled her knowing smile, and moved to lean on the table.
     "Don't worry P-dot, Lap's chill," Amethyst smiled.

     "Now, while we wait, why don't you talk to me more about this drama you found, P-dot?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Lapis got off her motorbike and took off her helmet, shaking her head. It was time for her to meet Peridot, and she was nervous, but excited. She wondered what the girl named Peridot looked like as she walked inside the coffee shop.  She spotted Amethyst's dyed lavender hair, and next to her-

     There was a blonde girl with a green flannel striped with dark green. She had two rings on her left ear's cartilage and gauges, along with thick framed glasses. She was wearing what seemed to be ripped jeans and converse shoes, although Lapis wasn't sure. Even though Lapis wanted to, the girl was turned away, so Lapis couldn't see her eyes. Suddenly, a feeling of anxiety struck her. What if Peridot judged her for her heterochromia?

     It was too late to fret now, Amethyst had just noticed Lapis, and called her over with a "Yo, Lap!" The blonde girl, who Lapis presumed was Peridot, turned around to face Lapis. Completely green and blue eyes met with completely blue and green eyes, and for a second, Lapis was entranced. This girl had exactly the same colored eyes as her, but opposite! Suddenly Lapis felt a huge shiver go down her spine.

     It seemed the blonde had felt the shiver too, since she also seemed pretty shocked from what would've been a whole lot of nothing. Amethyst yawned, snapping the two girls out of their trance.
    "Welp, if you dudes are done being in a weird gay trance, I'm out. Have a fun day, hopefully," the short tan girl smiled as she walked out.

-------------

     "Well, Lapis, this has been really fun!" Peridot smiled, looking up into the taller blue haired girl's blue and slightly greenish blue eyes.
     "Yeah, today was awesome," Lapis smiled back, looking down at the pale girl. "Do you want to go on another date?" Peridot's smile seemed to somehow become even bigger, her green eye seeming to sparkle, and her slightly blue green eye seemed to also sparkle, although it was duller.

     "Of course!"

-------------------

     Lapis gasped, putting a hand over her mouth. What the fuck?

     When Lapis had come home, she immediately went into the bathroom to clean up her makeup and see if she looked like total shit while on the date. What she didn't expect was two dark ocean eyes looking over her.

What the hell happened?

~~~~~~~~~

Guyssss I actually really like this

Do you guys like this or am I just really blind to bad fanfiction?

If enough of you guys like it I might even turn it into a full on fanfiction!

Well, that's all I got for now. Did you guys like this one-shot? Maybe give a vote or a comment, thanks guys!

I'll see you all next chapter!
- AsianDragonQueen