Snow?

Source Of Idea: My own drawing actually aha

Maybe I'll post it but for now, I'm not going to.

Universe: Steven Universe Canon

Wow, thanks for the reads guys! It makes me happy honestly

~~~~~~~~~~~

     Lapis was causally reading a magazine she found in the barn when she heard a familiar nasally voice shrieking. Peridot ran into the barn, panting heavily. Her hair had little white flakes in it, which made Lapis smirk.
     "Lapis!" Peridot shrieked, diving in to hug her. Shocked, Lapis looked down at Peridot. The small green gem was whimpering as she hugged Lapis.
     "What's wrong, Peri?" Lapis asked as she came out of her shock, gently hugging Peridot back.
     "There are white... things everywhere!" Peridot fearfully screamed, looking up at Lapis with her wide eyes. Lapis cocked her head to the side. "Here, come with me!" Lapis was dragged by Peridot outside of the barn.

     Outside, there were "white things" everything. It covered the grass, to the point where you could barely see the green blades. The trees were lightly coated with white, and so was the empty field Peridot and Lapis used to harvest food.
     "Woah," Lapis muttered as she looked up at the sky. Lapis had seen snow before from her mirror, but never in person. She looked down to see Peridot entranced, looking up with starry eyes.

     "So this is snow," Peridot stated, her head leaned over her tablet. Lapis looked the sky, noticing she could control it. Was snow just water?
     "Hmm. It's precipitation, whatever that is, in the form of snow crystals and..." Lapis pretended to listen as Peridot read off of her tablet, but in reality she was trying to get the hang of controlling snow. She made small gestures with her hands to control the falling flakes, moving her eyes between the sky and Peridot to not seem suspicious. Lapis clenched her fist and made a large ball of compact snow. She slightly swung her fist down and saw that the snow made a small "plop" on the ground.
     "Lapis? Are you even listening?" Peridot suddenly asked, and Lapis jerked her head up, surprised Peridot noticed she had stopped paying attention.
     "What? Oh, sorry, I got distracted. Yes?" Lapis responded, smiling shyly. 

     When Peridot had finished reading her search results, Lapis was ready. She had been creating small balls of snow, and held one ready to hit Peridot. The small ball of snow hit Peridot's face, leaving some bit stuck to her face.
     "Lapis, you clod!" Peridot yelled, but her voice had a tone of lightheartedness. She jumped up, but not before Lapis hit her again in the back with another snowball. "Nyah!" Peridot ran around, trying to avoid the snowballs Lapis sent towards her, but she failed horribly. 

     A while later, the two gems were sat on the snow, still giggling. Peridot and Lapis snorted, falling down and laughing again when they managed to calm slightly.
     "Say, Peridot," Lapis said as the two finally were calm enough to be able to speak, "did you know you can create structures with snow?" Peridot snorted, leaning against Lapis, feeling slightly tired.

     "Well of course you can Lazuli, you can control water," Peridot grunted, running a hand along the snow on the ground, which had begun to cover the grass completely.

     "No, I mean anyone can," Lapis giggled. She moved her hand to guide Peridot's hands, and made a small mound of snow. Peridot looked at her hands, then up at Lapis, and back at the small pile of snow; the three times all with starry eyes. Suddenly jumping up, Peridot looked down at Lapis, an adorable look on her face.
     "I have an idea!" Lapis sat down on the snow, a content smile on her face. It was nice to be happy.

     When Peridot came back, she was heaving a pile of sheets of metal: two large ones, and two smaller ones. Standing up, Lapis walked over to Peridot, examining her materials.

     "So, what's your great idea?" Lapis asked, smirking.

     "Well, you see, my Peri plan is to use these sheets, to make meep morps! Genius, right? I know my intelligence is mind-blowing, but don't faint yet!" Peridot exclaimed, being the most cute thing Lapis had ever seen at that moment. "Let us both make meep morps!"

     Lapis watched for a little bit, still unsure what to do. She watched Peridot make a large base pile by using the two large sheets of metal to scoop snow into one area. Smiling at the thought that Peridot was getting better with her powers, Lapis turned to her empty spot. Hearing a small bark, Lapis turned around to see Pumpkin, barking at the two gems from the safety of the barn. Lapis laughed, while Peridot looked at Pumpkin with a look of confusion.

     "Why is he scared of stepping in the snow?" Peridot asked Lapis as she walked up to her.

     "I remember Steven saying that organic lifeforms needed heat to survive. This snow is probably too cold for him."
     "Then let's go dig through the clothes in the barn to find our veggie some warmth!"

     Once the two gems found a sweater to fit onto Pumpkin, they went outside again as Pumpkin ran around in the snow, barking happily. Lapis had finally gotten her idea as she watched. She lifted her hands to move the snow around, slowly creating an intricate figure, or as the pair called them, meep morp. When Lapis finished, she stepped back to look. It was a meep morp of the time Andy had visited the barn, and had sat down to eat. Everyone was sitting down in the same spots they had then. Amethyst looked like she had just told a bad joke to Pearl, and the other gem was sighing, but she had a happy look in her eye. Steven was smiling at the two gems, clasping his hands together. Greg and Andy were talking, as if they were catching up on what they had missed. Lapis and Peridot were laughing together, and Garnet was looking at them with a small smile on her face.

     Peridot walked up to Lapis, looking at the meep morp Lapis had made. She looked at the familiar scene, and looked over at the snow Lapis and Peridot. They seemed so.. happy, together. Was that how Lapis felt about her? Peridot smiled at this thought, looking up at the blue gem.
     "Now Lapis, I must show you the definition of a perfect meep morp!" Peridot exclaimed.

     The second Lapis saw Peridot's meep morp, she busted out laughing. Peridot looked up at her, an insulted look in her eye.
     "What's so funny? My meep morp is amazing!" Peridot yelled.
     "It's just," Lapis laughed, "it's so dorky!" The meep morp was of Percy and Pierre kissing; the reason Peridot knew this at all was because of the very show the two characters came from. "It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's so dorky, not to mention cute." Peridot blushed at the last sentence.

     "D-did you call me cute?" Peridot stammered, flustered. Lapis smirked, glancing over at the meep morp. As Peridot went into her whole spiel of being "the Great Peridot", Lapis changed the meep morp slightly. Next to the two, was Lapis and Peridot kissing.

     "Can I?" Lapis asked, smiling.

     "Oh my stars."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, that's my winter themed Lapidot! Sorry it's posted so late, I'm an avid procrastinator. Have a good rest of the year guys, and happy early New Years too!

- AsianDragonQueen