Chapter 2

//HOLA AMIGOS SOrrY FOR MY SPANISH 

how are ya?

VOTE //

I kept urging Areton on, and we ended up going to Stone Tooth, although I couldn't care less about where we were going, anyways.

I tried convincing myself that I didn't care, but sharp pain of betrayal kept etching itself into my heart.

But I couldn't blame Jack. Okay, I did blame him, but I tried not to. He thought I was dead; it was only natural to move on.

And he did name his child after me. Which only made me sadder, for some reason.

Snap out of it, Medea.

Okay. I needed to concentrate on the task at hand, which was, as of now, finding out who the intruder is, and where he is.

I had no idea how powerful they were, but if they managed to escape death, they were probably above average. And definitely above me, in this state.

I remembered what Citro told me, about me being unable to live without him, my father, since we were connected. That is probably why I lost my Datonx side.

The monster itself was gone, but I still had the power of Darkness- a lot weaker, but it was there.

Areton snapped me out of my thoughts when we flew above Stone Tooth after a few hours, where I fell asleep, to my surprise.

I never slept.

"Sure, land. We can look around and listen for any clues about a killer, or something. But land now, further away, so they don't see you, darling. We don't want attention." I told Areton, and he huffed in agreement, bringing us down with great speed, almost making me shriek from excitement.

But I never shrieked.

He landed softly, in spite of his size. We were behind a smaller hill, just big enough to cover Areton's massive size. I climbed off carefully, and almost started crying at the distance I had to cross.

Then, Areton reminded me of shapeshifting, and I sighed in relief, patting his head.

"I'd die without you. Literally." I said, remembering the time he jumped in front of me when a brave young man tried to kill me, saving my life, but dying in the process. But hey, we got reunited ten years after killing Citro and myself!

Areton disapproved of my thoughts, as always, and I rolled my eyes, recalling the process of shapeshifting. A bird would be a good start.

I looked down at myself, and I gasped in shock, realizing I was completely out of weapons, and I haven't noticed it before. I just wore my leather armor and a cape, but no sign of any beloved sharp objects.

Suddenly, memories of me mercilessly murdering people broke into my mind, and I started trembling.

"No. That wasn't me. I killed Citro, I have redeemed myself." I whispered softly, but I felt myself getting pulled into a memory.

I was walking towards a village, having left Areton behind because he refused to kill. He wanted me back, but I didn't understand what he wanted from me, so I assumed he was sick and let him rest his mind, although he insisted on not leaving me. But my mind was stronger, and he obeyed.

In the village lived a man who disobeyed Citro. He was to give up his son to be a warrior, since he was of strong build. But it was well over his deadline, and I was sent to kill him and his family, and take the boy.

I walked into the peaceful village, my sword at my hip as my dark gaze silenced everyone it met. People feared me, and I enjoyed it immensely.