I Can See Clearly Now

The past two weeks had been very normal, a little too normal. There were no signs from Jason that he would be contacting me anymore and I thought that was a good thing. The security guards didn't have any disturbances and life finally felt normal again. I spent every moment that I could with Daniel, and we were delighted. Mac, Tiffany, Daniel, Flynn, Adelaide, and I had planned to go to Paradise Falls today. I was so excited because I had wanted to go back to Paradise Falls for so long. Going with my friends would only make it that much better.

Tiff, Adelaide, and I were in my room putting our swimsuits on while the guys went to rent an SUV for us to go to Paradise Falls in.

"Adelaide, everything you wear is white and red," Tiff said.

"So? Those colors compliment me the most. Why do you wear so much black lately?" Adelaide asked Tiff.

"Because I'm pregnant, and black is slimming."

"Tiff," I said, "you're barely two months pregnant. What are you hiding? There is no baby bump yet."

"Yes, there is! See?" Tiff said as she turned sideways.

There wasn't even the slightest bump to her stomach. If she thought there was a bump to her belly, it was only in her imagination. Adelaide and I burst out laughing. I guess Tiff didn't appreciate that because she threw a pillow at the both of us, causing us to laugh even harder.

"Stop," I said, trying my best not to laugh. "You know Tiff is more sensitive these days."

After we put on our swimsuits, along with our swimsuit covers, Adelaide and I went into the kitchen to finish packing our lunches. Tiff would have helped, but there was no telling what her nose could stand. She used to love the smell of freshly fried doughnuts but if she smelled a doughnut now she would puke. I didn't want to take my chances with her throwing up all over our food.

I was in charge of packing the food. I made sandwiches, dips, cookies, and bought chips for everyone. Adelaide was in charge of drinks. She bought water, juice, and wine. The wine was for her, Flynn, and Mac. The rest of us didn't drink. I knew Tiffany wanted to, but she couldn't. She said more than once that as soon as MJ was born, the first thing she wants is a bottle of wine. I didn't know if Mac would allow that, but we'll see.

Once the men got back, we loaded everything into our SUV and headed to Paradise Falls. The ride there was filled with laughter and jokes.

"I'm not kidding." Daniel laughed. "I thought Casey was about to knock that costumer's head off."

"I fixed her a Cola, then she wanted lemonade, and then she wanted water. She was being so annoying. On top of that, she told my manager that I had an attitude. Me, of all people. She was the one rolling her eyes." I said.

"Sure," Mac said. "We all know you have a short fuse, Casey."

"I think you're getting Casey confused with Adelaide and Tiffany." Flynn laughed.

At first, I only wanted it to be me and Daniel taking this road trip. But, having our friends there with us made it so much better. Sharing what I loved with people who loved me was something so special.

Getting out of the car, we all grabbed our bags and food. The only person who didn't carry anything was Tiffany. Mac carried their stuff by himself. Paradise Falls was only a ten-minute hike from where we parked. The plan was to swim, eat, hike, eat again, and then go home around sunset.

Daniel held my hand as he led the group through our rocky surroundings. Things were going smoothly at first. But, halfway through the short hike, I realized that I forgot one of the bags. It had my camera in it and I wanted to take pictures to capture our day together.