“What is it?” Serenity voiced.

“Jean, what’s going on?” I asked again.

“Please, I need you to keep Serenity calm…” Jean says.

“What?” I sat up, “Why? What’s going on?”

“It’s Chance.” She says nervously.

“What happened?”

“A prank gone out of hand..? I don’t know! The girls don’t know either but they’re safe-” She says, “We’re pulling up now…“

On cue, I felt Serenity stiffen behind me. “Eric…” I turned to Serenity who is as pale as the sheets on our bed.

“Serenity its-“

Before I can even reach for her she jumped down the bed and out of the room. I ran after her and the same moment she reached the bottom of the staircase, I was at the top, the door opened.

There stood Jean, the girls and Gary carrying an unconscious Chance.

“What happened?” Serenity panicked, walking up to Gary and checking on Chance.

“Serenity, I need to get him in his room-“

“What happened?” she screams.

“I- it was some boys from the team.” Fate says, trying to stay calm as she could. “They… they were up at the terrace and he...”

“Oh god…” Serenity says, now reaching for Chance’s face, running her hand through his hair. “Chance, baby, mommy’s here, can you hear me?”

Like Serenity I was waiting for him to response, some joke saying stop calling him baby cause he’s already a man.

“Baby, please…” Serenity pleaded.

Realizing that Chance wasn’t answering, I snapped out of my shock and ran toward Serenity.

“Take him to his room.” I said.

“No, no…” Serenity says, crying and trying to hold on to Chance, but I pulled her away. “Chance! Eric, let me go!”

“No Serenity.” I whispered to her harshly. “Calm down.”

I looked her straight in the eyes, cupping her face, I didn’t want to use the alpha tone, but I needed her with a clear mind.

“Calm down…” I repeated, this time, almost a whisper, begging.

She was shaking with fear and pain, I knew it. I knew she was feeling Chance’s pain, she’s his mother after all.

“Eric…” she says, “Chance… Chance…”

I wrapped her in my arms, running my hand up and down her back. “Shh, it’s alright… calm down.”

“No…” she stepped away from me, “No, I can’t… I…”

“Serenity-“

Before I can stop her she ran out of the house and toward the forest trail we had at the side of the house.

“Shit!” I said under my breath, I knew she had shifted. She was a formidable force now as a wolf, after we spent five years training her in her wolf form to fight. What I’m scared of is if she looks for the boys who were behind this.