•♠️♣️♥️♦️•

Emblym was led by the woman and two men to the visiting area. Her arms stayed in the straitjacket, and then she was locked to the chair. Emblym gave the man a smile, causing him to glare at her in discomfort as he hurry to finish locking it, and then walked away.

A guard stood by the door, as the man left, and then held it open as a man walked in. He had wildly curly red hair with a black top hat with a red ribbon. His face was tanned, and his lips pressed in smile. He wore a pristine suit, which somehow seemed wrong with the way his hair was kept. He sat across the table and another guard entered. The who held the door open say the other guard and nodded as he left. The new guard closed the door.

It was silent for a minute, but Emblym allowed a smirk to stretch across her dark features. "I suppose I am supposed to ask why I'm here?" Emblym began, her California accent hinting in her voice.

"That's usually what they say, yes," the red-haired man agreed.

"Okay. Why are you here wasting my time?" Her voice was dripping with annoyance, she didn't usually take kindly to strangers.

"My name is Hatter," he began. "I am from Eastern Europe in a small country called Wonderland."

"Oh, how exotic."

"It was. Until a terrible civil war erupted between our country stemming from two rivaling sisters, the Red Queen, and the White Queen." At the mention of the name, the voices hissed, and Emblym winced in pain. "My apologies," he said, as if he knew the voices were causing her harm. She rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"That's quite the sob story, however, I do not think I see why this involves me."

"The Red Queen took me and a few of my comrades as hostage," he explained. "The White Queen responded with a time loop — keeping the entire land in a perpetual war, never to end, at least until we were returned to her. Then, the Red Queen casted a curse, sending out her soul and us outside the time loop. Her soul would inhabit the bodies of humans, collecting their souls until their death, before carrying on. She made this continue until the Red-human slayed the White Queen, and thus ending the time loop."

Hatter paused for a moment, letting that sink in. Emblym blinked, unamused. "Well, that is quite the interesting — and honesty complicated — bedtime story. I still don't see why you would waste my time with it, though..."

"Miss Emblym, you are a Red-human," Hatter explained. "All those voices you hear in your head, that's from her, the Red Queen. You are the one that is to slay the White Queen and free Wonderland."

Emblym snorted at his last words, before laughing. She cackled for nearly five minutes, her sides hurting, as she laughed. A some of the voices joined in, laughing with her, saying, "Hatter truly is mad." A few were surprised that he was still circulating, trying to to find a Red Queen. Most of them, however, were sad. Sobbing at the sight of the man, or solemnly quiet in honour of him. A couple argued with the ones that mocked him, only leaving her head aching in response.

Finally, Emblym recomposed herself, and looked at the man. He was silent, and even patient to an extent. Once she finished, he began speaking again. "We need you to come with us so we can help you defeat the White Queen."

Emblym began chuckling again, by was able to speak this time, "You truly do not believe that I am the one to do this, do you?" She asked, disbelief edging her voice, "Because that's absurd."