Chapter 2

James’ P.O.V.

“Aren’t you scared?” Jamie asked me.

“No.” I answered a little too quickly, of course I was!! My sister was on a different side. A different pack from me. She is from the enemy pack! I’m lucky enough to be seeing her now!                                

“Well I’m sure you’re a wimp at heart but a badass when you’re around a group of girls.” Jamie giggled.

“I’m not a damn wimp, Jamie!” I growled.

“Whatever!” Jamie growled back. “You are more like a bitch!!”

“Oh no….more like a jackass because you’d be considered a bitch.” I growled with a bitter laugh following after it.

“Whore!!!” Jamie laughed evilly. “And Lily is your bitch!”

Lily flinched in my arms then shrank further into my side.

“You’re the one who has a jackass man whore as your damn fucking mate. Oh and did I mention he’s my damn best friend. SO BACK OFF!!”

“NEVER!!!”  Jamie yelled. “Why does he even hate me?”

“Because you sided with that damn Ashwood pack and we with Alpha Lockheart!” I growled. “Plus he doesn’t like winey little bitches like you!!!!”

“And Alpha Ashwood said if we have a mate in the Lockheart pack we can be together. I don’t think that should mean anything.”

“Well Alpha Lockheart disapproves of it!” I growled.

“So what if we are happy then nothing should come between us.” She said softly.

I let out a laugh.

“Do you really think that you guys would last long?!” I asked between laughs.

“Yes and happy.”

“That’s where you’re wrong my dear sister.”

“No you’re wrong.” She hissed at me.

“Jamie, I’ve seen people killed because of that. I’m not wrong so leave it be….please?” I whispered.

“Whatever.” Jamie said. “You don’t have a mate in the Ashwood pack.”

“But I do have you, my sister, and my old best friend in that pack.” I growled throwing my hands up in defeat.

“You should be in this pack. You and Jace could be friends again.” Jamie said with a weak smile.

“No!” I snapped. “I agree with Alpha Lockheart. Not your Alpha!”

Jamie looked at me. Her eyes filled with the hurt I felt. Why did things have to be so damn complicated? I mean why couldn’t these two packs be one like it was in the past.

The history is simple. Two brothers. Alpha Ashwood got the good pack cause Alpha Lockheart gave it to him but Alpha Lockheart was obsessed with the power and went crazy, the words of the damn Ashwood pack. Anyway that was last year. Things have been total hell since then.

I sighed heavily and stood pulling Lily up with me.

“I think we should…um leave.” I whispered.

Lily looked up at me and looked me in the eyes which I instantly looked away. She knew this look and she knew it well. It was my ‘I feel guilty let’s get the hell out of here’ look. And she wasn’t the only one who knew that look….Jamie did too and that’s what made me avoid her gaze.

“Lily and I have to….um we forgot we have this….thing in an hour.” I stumbled.

Jamie looked my way.

“Don’t lie to me.” She ordered.

I looked at her.

“I’m not.” I said softly.

Jamie glared at me and I sighed.

“Okay fine I am happy but we really have to go.” I said.

Jamie nodded but made no attempt to move from her position. I walked over to her and kissed her forehead saying. “I’ll see ya later sis.”

Lily was waiting by the door. I turned from my sister and walked over to Lily who instantly took my hand and pulled me out. We made our way to my car where she stopped and looked me in the eyes.

“What the hell was that?” She snapped at me, her eyes blazing with anger. “You just blew off your sister! And for what? Oh my gosh James what am I gunna do with you!?!?!?!”

“Babe why are you so mad at me?” I asked looking at her.

She looked away from me huffing as she crossed her arms.

“No reason!” She snapped. “Can we get Claire and go?”

I sighed softly with a nod.

“Sure thing babe.”