Chapter 1

Lily's P.O.V. 1 week later

I sat in James' lap resting my head against his chest as he talked with a few of our friends. Me, I was dozing off as I listened to their conversation as I relaxed in the arms of my mate.

"Hey James, I think that hand of yours may be wondering a little too close to Lily's ass." James' best friend, Logan chuckled.

James let out a laugh.

"Oh, I bet she’s like it." He said in between laughs.

"Oh shut up." I mumbled into James' chest.

That just made the two laugh harder and everyone else join in. And that’s when I felt James tightened his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head. He always did this when he was deep in thought.

"Anybody wanna come with me to sneak over to the Ashwood pack?" He asked. "I wanna see my twin sister and childhood best friend."

"I'll go." I heard Claire say. "I need to see my mate."

I smiled to myself. I LOVED that word. Mate. That's what James and I are....mates. I don't have his mark to prove it, yet, but it will be there one of these days. I honestly just think James is taking his precious time with me. He doesn’t want to rush me into anything seems how just last week that had happened to me because of Noah...I mean Alpha Lockheart.

My smiled faded when I heard Logan growl menacingly. “This is stupid why in the hell would you go visit members of the Ashwood pack? Even if one of the damn members is your damn sister?"

"Logan listen to me.....my sister.....my twin sister is over there. Claire's mate, my childhood best friend is over there." James growled. "So forgive us if you think we're stupid and crazy enough to go over there for no damn reason."

          "You taking her with you, too?" Logan asked. I could feel his stare burning into my back.

James growled.

"My mate has a name you asswhole and yes I'm taking her with me seems how if you see a sexy enough girl you try to RAPE her!" James growl erupted in a voice I had never heard him use before and frankly it scared me but I was just thankful that he wasn’t using it on me but that….wow I hate Logan for so many reasons!

Logan growled back.

"You ass!" Logan barked.

"HA! I am what I am my friend." James laughed bitterly.

I heard Logan stomp off.

James tightened his arms around me more pulling me closer to him as he sighed heavily almost like he had been defeated.

"Sometimes I really hate him." James mumbled.

"Do you think he'll tell my father?" Claire asked softly in a close enough range to hear her whisper.

"He won’t so just don’t let your pretty little thirteen year old mind worry about it." James said. "If he does I'll take care of it, okay kid?"

"Yeah." Claire whispered.

Jamie's P.O.V.

It was around six when I heard a knock on the front door of the packs house. I was in my bed room finishing up painting my finger nails a blood red color. I really didn’t care who was at the front door or well I didn’t until I heard a knock on my own bed room door a few minutes later.

"Come it!" I called blowing on my finger nails to dry them.

The door opened and a sudden laughter erupted in my room. The voice was deep and so very familiar sounding.

"You're such a girl!" The voice of my twin brother, James laughed.

"That's cause I am one you Jackass!" I growled causing James to laugh even harder.

I turned around in my chair ready to yell at him for laughing at me some more when I saw a beautiful girl with long curly strawberry blond hair and bright lime green eyes. Who was she? And why was she with my brother? Who was she to him? Oh and why was she in my damn bed room?  Apparently I was staring at her because James cleared his throat to speak. My eyes snapped over to look at him.

"Jamie this is my mate, Lily O’Hara. Lily this is my twin sister Jamie." James said introducing us.

"Hi Jamie, it’s nice to finally meet you." She said in a soft voice.

"What do you mean finally?" I questioned.

"Your brother, here, mentions you a lot, I think its cute actually." She said with a smile.

James blushed causing me to laugh as I rolled my eyes. He's totally wrapped around her pretty little finger.

They stood there in a moment of silence.

James took Lily's hand in his own and pulled her over to sit on my bed as he says. "So sis how's life treating you?"

I shrugged.

"Okay, I guess." I answered softly.

"Jamie what's wrong?" James asked staring at me.

I looked down then turned my chair around to put a second coat of blood red nail polish on as I whispered. "Nothing James...I just don’t feel good."

I hate lying to him but I had to. I found my mate but....but he's James' best friend in the Lockheart pack and he-he hates me.

James sighed.

"Fine then don't tell me what's really wrong" James huffed.

I looked up slightly and cast a sideways glance toward my bed. I could barely see James but I could see him.

"I found my mate." I whispered sadly.

"Why do you sound so sad about it.?" He asked me softly.

"Because he's from your pack and he hates me." I whispered my answer to him.

"Why does he hate you...oh wait never mind." James said. "Who is he?"

"James...." I turned around. "It’s Logan."

James' jaw dropped.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"And he knows?" James asked.

I nodded.

"Jamie you could always..."

"No!" I interrupted him. "What I believe is that Noah's doing is the wrong thing, but you believe he is doing the right thing."

"Jamie..." James said trailing off.

"That's why we went separate ways as twins for once." I said. "Plus mom....she died last night. I can’t leave now that I know she's buried here along with our father."

James closed his eyes and looked down as he paled.

"She-she died?" James asked.

I bit my lip.

"No she was murdered." I whispered as a tear began to stream my face. "And it was by our....uncle. James...Noah told our uncle to kill his own sister. And he did. What are the chances of Noah wanting me killed well murdered by either you or our uncle?"

James looked up.

"That'll never happen!" James hissed through his teeth. "I'd never let him tell me to kill my own sister. I'd rather kill myself then have to kill my own twin sister. I mean I don't get what our uncle was thinking. Why kill his own sister? I'd even kill him if it meant he'd keep his dirty hands off of you and not kill you if that's what it took to keep you alive. Jamie you're my other half. I lose you...I lose part of myself."

I smiled weakly.

"I love you....you're a good big brother." I whispered.

James smiled.

"I love you, too, sis." He told me.