Chapter 18

Hello to my wonderful readers! Lemme tell you that you people are the best not only because you're reading my novel but also because you chose it among all the wonderful write ups that are around you. A big thank you for that. Ily.

From now onward, I'll be updating a brand new chapter on every Sunday. So stay tuned.    

The aftermath of the rude confession was treacherous. We barely talked all morning and to be honest the silence was killing me. It reminded me about the guilt in which I was drowning. The guilt of not feeling the same for Zac as he felt for me. Even though I wanted to talk to Zac but I couldn't make myself into doing it. Nothing was coming into my mind. However, the afternoon was a lot more refreshing. He really looked completely different from his morning persona. It felt like all the harsh truth that passed between us in the morning have lost its melancholic effect on him. He was back to the old him. The part of him that I like and to some extent love. I wonder if Zac would have come to know about this little confession of mine then how would he have felt. I giggle at the thought which immediately attracted his attention. "Won't you like to share with me the reason for this sweet giggle?" He asked amusedly and for some reasons it gave those delicious trills to my stomach.

"I'm sorry but I'm too selfish to share it with you." I pronounced haughtily at which I miserably failed and ended up smiling like a dork. The truth is that I did not want to hide the feeling of happiness that was there in me after all the pressure that was there between us.

"I see but that's not a big problem for me. I'm a natural psychiatrist and I can take things out of you that you don't want to share like this one." He raised his eyebrow to make his point. I could see an air of pride on his face. He's never gonna change and I don't really want him to. I like him the way he is. I doubt if he's speaking the truth. He's bluffing. There was a hint of smile on his partly opened lips, as if he was finding our whole talk amusing, making his face look even more insanely beautiful. I look at him trying to see through the beautiful façade. His eyes, having a lighter shade of green, had a soft touch, staring expectantly at me.

The cafeteria at this time of the day was buzzing full. Normally, one can find a couple of empty tables but today all the tables were filled with animated adolescents and to my surprise I was liking it. Many girls around us were eying me with surprise but mostly with jealousy specially the red manned girl who was sitting at the table next to us, as if I was stealing her boyfriend. But to be honest I didn't give a damn about them. I was not ready to let them spoil that moment with Zac. It felt so perfect as if I was in one of my favorite movies with this guy at whom I can never get tired of looking. I bit my lower lip to contain my smile because if I smile then there was no room for doubt that he was going to take me as insane. The inside of my arouse with indescribable ecstasy.

"So you think I'm lying." He exclaimed in disbelieve.

"Yes." I answered boldly arching my eyebrows to make it certain that I didn't believe in him. Actually, I wasn't even thinking about it. The whole point of the debate was to mess with him. I love the look that he gave me when I doubt his capabilities.

"You're messing with me." He caught me. He narrowed his eyes at me. His expression was a little annoyed but more like I-know-there's-no-point-of doubting-my-abilities.

"Yes. I am. You get annoyed even faster than me." I laughed.

He stared at me for a few moments as if analyzing something and then he joined too.

"Gosh, I love your laugh." He expressed dreamily.

My heart almost froze and then started beating rapidly in my chest. He does things to my naïve heart. My cheeks heated up so I looked down at my entwined fingers placed on the cool marble table. Not wanting to be caught blushing.