Chapter 10

Mrs. Havens came to the class only a few minutes after him. She was a tall, plump woman, with dark brown hair. She appeared to be in her early thirties as marks of early aging started appearing near her eyes. Her fashion sense was the best among all the professors over here; she was wearing a turquoise collared dress.

"I'm glad to say that if we would continue in this pace then we would be able to complete our syllabus for the first year before time." She announced in her shrill voice. "I know that taking tests is not a part of the college life but I'm enticed to check on your dedication to your classes. Don't worry you would not be marked and it will be a very small one; it's just for your introspection. Your test is going to be on banking."

The room was immediately filled with gasps and "No's". Test on marketing; I think I can pull this off and a smile came on my lips which soon settled as Mrs. Havens called my name and was looking at me.

"I think you are interested in taking the test, Miss Cosgrove ." She sounded pleased. Every sound subsided like never a word was uttered.

"What is she? Some magnet to draw attention." a faint masculine voice commented from my behind. I turned around to find its creator and saw that everyone was looking at me with contempt and then my eyes met his intensive eyes. I couldn't read them but his eyes had a different story to tell. I gave out a gasp of panic; not again.

I turned my head to the professor and she was still waiting on my answer. I gulped; what should I say? If I say for the test then everyone will hold me a greater enemy while on the other side this test will prove proficient. Irrespective of what I say these people will always hate me so I decided to go for the test. My heart was beating furiously, "I think that...that you should take the test." A sour taste was left in my mouth.

"Glad to see that you're interested." She smiled. Angry comments filled the room; I knew it, now they'll hate me even more.

"Everyone be quiet." But her words went in vain. They all got a golden chance to speak shits about me, how can they loose that chance. Not noticing all the buzz she asked, "Is there anyone else who approve of the test?" more drone. No one said a yes or raised their hands, everyone in unison showed their condemnation for the test.

"Hale is correct, we should take the test." A velvety manly voice said it from the back. I quickly turned my head to find my supporter. To the greatest surprise of my life, he was no one else but Zack McCain, Shane's close friend. He was staring at me and a smile came on both of our faces when our eyes met. Zack lands at #2 in the hottest list of this college. He has golden-brown hair, a daydreaming look and a toned body with a certain hint of biceps. He went against his best buddy and stood for me? That's mind-boggling sorta bewildering. Maybe he can be that cyber dude. A smile started appearing on my face. Happiness started budding in my heart; so everyone over here does not hate me, that's encouraging. Every protesting sound collapsed, no one dared to say a word against him. That must be a slap on the face of Shane, let's see what he would do against him.

"Very well, Mr. McCain. So this concludes that we are going to have a test right now." She took a bundle of test paper from her blue Dorthy Perkins and within a few minutes we all had our one sheet of test paper with a booklet of ten blank sheets for writing down the answer. There were three, ten marks questions. Just by looking at those questions the answers came running into my mind. I think I could score thirty. I picked up my metallic Parker and went ahead with my paper. The first question was on different types of markets and their role. Quite easy but lengthy, that answer brought seventeen minutes from the gross 45 minutes. Shoot, I cannot spend so much time on one answer, I gotta be fast otherwise I would loose the track of the hour and would not be able to complete before the appointed time. I quickly opened my metallic Timex watch and laid it on the white wooden desk so that I could easily keep a note of the time. I went furiously with my answers and graciously I was able to put the last touches on time; my index finger became numb and its nail bed was throbbing. I could hear murmur of people swearing from my back, hate these cowards. They just know only one thing and that is to sit comfy in the crowd and speak crappy shits about people. I tossed away that thought out of my mind; these people don't even deserve my attention. They hate me but deep in their mind they admire me; that's all what these shallow people can do.