Chapter one

//LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! THE LONG AWAITED SEQUEL OF THE SCHOOL OF DRAGON RIDERS!

Enjoy, and VOTEEEEEEEEE

(didn't proofread lol)///

I took a shaky breath, and then I realized I'm stupid. I'm dead, I don't need to breathe.

I look around the small, dark room. Ever since I died, I've lived in a nightmare.

Literally.

Death was always a mystery, but it's supposed to be peaceful once you die.

Yeah, right.

A dark force ruled over the land of the dead. Every day, I'd get put in a nightmare. I was forced to fight Citro, I was forced to watch my friends die, and I was separated from my dragon. Areton.

Oh, I missed that big reptile.

But as a reward, I'd get to contact the living. And I soon got to realize that my death wasn't your typical death.

Because one day, I really died, and I got reunited with Areton. I was peaceful. I saw my friends again, and Tanya. I was with them for a few minutes, before getting sent to another nightmare- this one.

I looked around in panic, wondering, for the millionth time, why me?

I was separated from everyone, and had to live nightmares. Why?

"Because you were not supposed to die." I heard a deep, velvety voice whisper from somewhere behind me, and I turned around, aware of the shifting of my cloak, to see empty air. I was all alone.

"Okay, scary death monster thingy, care to elaborate?" I said in annoyance. Oh, look, Medea wasn't supposed to die, let's make her live a nightmare every day for ten years! So much fun, ho ho ho! Merry Christmas- what.

I broke my trail of thoughts, which got quite ridiculous from ten years of torture.

The thing decided to say random things to me sometimes, but it was never something serious. It usually made fun of me when I got scared.

"I am the essence of darkness, my dear Medea. I rule the land of the dead. It's a whole new world, death. You can do anything you want, and be happy forever. But you came here completely unannounced, and you sparked my interest. It takes a lot to do that, dragon rider. So, I put you on trial for ten years. I made you live your worst nightmares, and I let you contact your only living friend for a few seconds after each successful day. I was testing you. People usually break after the first few days, but you're still standing strong. That's why I decided to send you back. Back to life. Because, dear Medea, the forces of Death are disturbed. Because of you. Fix that for me." The voice said, seemingly coming out of nowhere. I grit my teeth in anger.

"How do I fix that? And what exactly is there to fix?" I asked in annoyance, and I imagined the mysterious voice roll its eyes.

"Somebody is disturbing it. Someone rose back from the dead when you died. A dangerous creature traded lives with you, and I failed to realize it until now. They are getting stronger, and if they keep getting stronger, the limit between life and death will be ruined. That is why you need to go back to the world of the living and kill that creature. You were not meant to die. I will send you back, and that will automatically send your dragon, the one that shares your soul, with you." The voice replied patiently. Someone dangerous got out? I wasn't supposed to die, what? How does that happen? I felt so peaceful upon death.

"Okay. Will I die after I kill it?" I ask.

"I'm afraid you will never die, Medea. By sending you back, we're defying the laws of death. Once in here, nobody is supposed to leave. Unless I send you back. But as I may be death, there is no life. Nobody to send you back here, and therefore, you will stay alive, until someone stronger than the essence of darkness appears and sends you back to me. Which is very unlikely." The voice said. What if I didn't want to go back?