Chapter IV

"I think we should go back home."

"Please Ray!"

I looked over at her pouting face for a moment before looking back at the road.

"Well what if you're still sick?"

"I'm not I promise!"

"If you-"

"And if you feel sick come an get me. I know Ray you've said it thirty times this morning."

I stayed silent. Truthfully, I didn't want to go. We hadn't seen these people in two weeks and who knows what would happen. I sneaked another look at Kimmy and smiled at the look of pure happiness spread across her face. I pulled into the beach parking lot and she hopped out of the car grabbing her bag before running to a group of girls. I stayed behind, hoping to become invisible but that's impossible when your name is Ray Hopkins.

"Ray!! Ray!!"

I turned slowly and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Hey Georgia."

She waltzed towards me and pressed her scantily clad bathing suit body against me.

"I've missed you sexy."

I chuckled and tried to step away from her but she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"How about we get to know each other again baby."

"Georgia, step off."

I sighed great fully at the sound of Hayden's voice. Georgia harrumphed and stalked off angrily. We did our handshake from second grade and laughed.

"How was Thailand?"

"Pretty good, but I'm glad to be back home you know?"

"Yea man I get it."

"So...um...how's Kimberly."

I tensed. I had always known that Hayden had a crush on Kimberly but I had always hoped it would go away after time. I guess not.

"She's good."

"Did..did you bring her?"

"Hey guys!"

"Kimberly!"

He hugged her tightly and I felt the jealously boil up inside me as she wrapped her arms around his neck. It also didn't help that she was wearing a blue string bikini that made her look amazing. They pulled away and Hayden had a slight blush on his cheeks and Kimmy turned towards me.

"Can I have the keys?"

I smiled.

"Why?"

"...because."

I looked behind her to see three giggling girls and as I smiled and waved at them they squealed and ran off. I looked back towards Kimmy to see a pissed off look on her face.

"Why do you always have to do that!"

"Whoa, whoa! Do what!"

"That! That thing you always do! Why do you have to be you!"

I stayed silent, shocked at her sudden outburst.

"Forget it-"

"I can give you a ride wherever you need to go Kimberly."

She turned to Hayden with a smile on her face. The same smile I wished she would give me and they started towards his car. I angrily stalked off and Georgia came running towards me with a beer.

"You look tense baby. I got you something to drink."

I looked down at Georgia and sighed. She was no where as gorgeous as Kimmy but if I closed by eyes they were kind of the same? I guzzled back the bottle and threw it on the ground before pushing my lips against Georgia's. I pretended she was Kimmy as our tongues battled. I pretended she was Kimmy as I played with her hair. I pretended she was Kimmy and she ran her nails down my back and I pretended she was Kimmy when she buried her face in my neck. I sighed and opened my eyes to see Kimmy staring at me with sad eyes before she and Hayden drove off. I mentally kicked myself in the face and pulled Georgia away from me. I walked towards the cooler and opened another bottle. Hopefully I would be able drink my troubles away.