Chapter I

***Represent her flashbacks***

***

"Kimmy, why don't you take these next door for me okay?"

"Okay!"

I took the plate of cookies from her hands and happily skipped across the street. I tapped on the door with my foot and it opened seconds later.

"Why hello! Who might you be?"

"I'm Kimmy and I live across the street. Welcome to this neighborhood!"

The woman chuckled and led me inside her house. There was a small boy sitting at the counter eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich.

"This is Ray, Ray say hello to Kimmy. She lives across the street."

"I'm Ray."

I laughed as he spoke through a mouthful of peanut butter and bananas.

"Why don't you two go play for a while?"

We ran upstairs to his bedroom and sat on his spaceman bed.

"I'm Ray and I'm five."

"I'm Kimmy and I'm five too!"

"Wanna play spaceships on my trampoline?"

We rushed outside to his trampoline to play and from that day on we were the best of friends.***

"Kim! Wake up!"

A large weight crashed down next to me and my eyes snapped open.

"Raay! What the hell? It's-"

I looked to my clock and cursed silently.

"It's eight in the morning!"

"I know! You were supposed to be at my house an hour ago!"

"Oh shit! That's today!?"

"Yea."

I jumped out of the bed and rushed into the bathroom for a shower and he followed me lazily.

"You know she's going to kill you right?"

"I know!"

I undressed quickly and stepped into the shower as he laid in my jacuzzi tub, lazily flipping through one of my magazines. I showered quickly and stepped out, wrapping a white fluffy towel around me before brushing my teeth and washing my face. As I went back into my room I cursed again.

"Stop cursing. You're gonna go to hell. And you still have twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes?! That's barely enough time to do my hair!"

I dressed quickly in a summer dress and red flats before sitting at my vanity and starting on my makeup.

"Is my mom home?"

"She was just leaving as I came to wake you up."

"Shit! Why didn't you come over earlier!?"

"Oh so now this is my fault?"

"No-no! You should've just-"

I left my sentence unfinished as I rushed to the bathroom and started blow drying my hair.

"You don't have time for that Kimmy, we have to go."

He came towards me and put my hair tools away before running his hands through my drying hair.

"Just...put it up like you used to."

I felt the familiar blush spread across my cheeks as it always did when Ray was around as he played with my hair. He pulled it back into a braided bun and caressed my neck and hips as he pulled away.

"Perfect."