vii. first offer

This was pretty rushed. Sorry. 😔

|current time.

It was safe to say that I was feeling her and she was fucking with me. Other people started to realize how I felt towards her, except her. She always acted as if she was stupid about things like that.

I was so wrapped up in trying to get her to even notice me, that I wasn't even aware of the bullshit that was chasing me.

|november 28th, 1987

I stuffed my hands in my pockets as I walked alongside Harper Street on my way to work. Usually I'd catch the local bus, but I wanted a little exercise and being cramped up against a window with sweaty people around me on the bus was not what I wanted to be around. Not today. The incident between the girls died down after a couple of days. The next day, Lisa made them make amends with one another and came to the conclusion that going out wasn't necessary, not even the hot wings and pickle cups.

Although the idea of them going out was dead, I still wanted to see what that place, Jellybeanz, was all about. So after I get off, I plan to scrape up some money and check it out. I pressed my lips together and my hands instinctively clutched into fists by my sides as I approached a group of guys that were leaning against a gate, rapping along to a song that was playing on a car radio.

"I ain't no joke. I used to let the mic smoke. Now I slam it when I'm done and make sure its broke."

I immediately soaked in my surroundings and followed up by taking in the gear that each of them were wearing. I lusted after the fresh, crisp white air force Nike shoes that were on almost everyone of their feet. The new jeans they were wearing and the blinding gleams that were coming from the diamond watches that dangled off their wrists. A string of jealousy surged through me once I realized how I look compared to them, but then I also realized what they were doing to get that gear and my desire for that attire began to cease.

No lie, a nigga would love to walk around in fresh shoes and brand new clothes, but I ain't to much feeling the line of career I have to have at this stage of my life, in order to enjoy such luxuries. I nodded my head and kept it moving on my way until one of them called out to me.

"Look at my nigga jeans!" One called out, followed by a bunch of snickering. I clenched my fists tighter as I treaded past the reckless group. I rose my head and looked each and every one of them in the eye with no fear whatsoever. It was about 6 or 7 of them, and one of me but I wanted to let them know that I wasn't scared even if I didn't need to prove shit to them.

"Tsk, go on man." One waved me off with a flick of his wrist as he turned back to the group. I looked him up and down with a slight smug expression and kept walking. My fists unclenched once I made it across the street, a few steps from the pizzeria where I worked at. I sighed when I noticed that there was gonna be a rush today, since we had a Tuesday special going on.

I clocked in with my time card and grabbed my apron that was on a hook, outside of the entrance of the kitchen, and went inside.

"Hey, Le." I turned my head and waved to Demetria and tied the apron around myself. "We got a full house tonight." I nodded my head in repliance even though I wasnt really focused on what she was saying.

The rush slapped me in the face. After I made the first pizza, I was ready to go home. I looked up at the slip with the messy hand writing and hurriedly threw the toppings on the crust drowned in marinara sauce. I stuffed the pizza in the oven and wiped my face free from sweat as I made my way out to the dining area to take my break. I plopped down in a empty booth and looked up at the tv that was showing the news.